• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEWEGG ShellShocker 1:00PM-2:59PM PST -Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120gb SSD $99.99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Been watching that since yesterday. Hoping it is still this price Monday, if so i'm gonna snag it.

these drives any good? its the same sandforce controller as other but hows the firmware and nand quality?

i already have a sf 1222 based 120gb ssd.... but really wouldnt mind a speed upgrade.

I just got mine in the mail Saturday and going to set it up today. I was watching the corsair force gt 120gb SSD but this seemed like a way better deal for the same speed.

8xlWE.png

Well the reads speeds are pretty good but the write speed isn't close to what is advertised. I think it may be something with my motherboard whether it be the bios or the Marvell sata 6g controller. I will keep trying different things to see if I can get it up to speed.

Update: Crap, I just read this post on the Mushkin support forums. The Marvell sata 6g controller on my mobo maxes out at those speeds. I still really like the drive and this is still the best deal out there. Anyone with a newer motherboard shouldn't have the same problem just do you're research.
http://mushkingames.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22077&sid=9ba747650754b7e7ef1f62383a2ea89d

Last edited:
Went ahead and got one myself..Paid more than this for a 60 gig drive last year, couldn't resist.

edit: ordered on a wednesday, paid for 2nd day air.. Wont be here till monday, WTF.

Last edited:
Here is this drive running on the Intel controller on the Z68 chipset.

atto.jpg

Only complaint was paying for 2 day air, and it taking 5 days.. Other than that, groovy. Btw, i fail at MS Paint.
attov.png

these drives any good? its the same sandforce controller as other but hows the firmware and nand quality?

i already have a sf 1222 based 120gb ssd.... but really wouldnt mind a speed upgrade.

The difference in real-world daily use probably won't be very noticable. For benchmarks it would be better though.

Back