• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

27" 2560x1440 Monitor Under $400!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, Samsung have it too though they charge an arm and a leg for one without minimal bezel. Just not worth it.

Anyways, looks like my screen is on its way:

Departed from DHL facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG, May-05-12, 09:30 AM, HONG KONG
Processed at Location HONG KONG - HONG KONG, May-05-12, 08:54 AM, HONG KONG
Clearance processing complete at HONG KONG - HONG KONG, May-05-12, 04:42 AM, HONG KONG
Arrived at DHL facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG, May-05-12, 03:27 AM, HONG KONG
Departed from DHL facility in INCHEON OUTSKIRT OF SEOUL - KOREA, REPUBLIC OF (SOUTH K.), May-04-12, 22:17 PM, INCHEON OUTSKIRT OF SEOUL
Processed at Location INCHEON OUTSKIRT OF SEOUL - KOREA, REPUBLIC OF (SOUTH K.), May-04-12, 21:39 PM, INCHEON OUTSKIRT OF SEOUL
Arrived at DHL facility in INCHEON OUTSKIRT OF SEOUL - KOREA, REPUBLIC OF (SOUTH K.), May-04-12, 21:03 PM, INCHEON OUTSKIRT OF SEOUL
Shipment on hold, May-04-12, 21:03 PM, INCHEON OUTSKIRT OF SEOUL
Departed from DHL facility in SEOUL - KOREA, REPUBLIC OF (SOUTH K.), May-04-12, 20:59 PM, SEOUL
Processed at Location SEOUL - KOREA, REPUBLIC OF (SOUTH K.), May-04-12, 19:48 PM, SEOUL
Shipment picked up, May-04-12, 17:32 PM, SEOUL

Ok, the screen has been delivered and appears undamaged. I'll let you know how it goes when I get home in 6 hours or so. I'm looking foward to using this sucker

Ok, got the monitor set up. I have to say this thing is absolutely AMAZING. Picture quality is absolutely gorgeous and I'd have to say the base is actually better than that found on most screens in its price range. Playing Battlefield 3 is almost like playing a whole new game. It gives the game far more depth and effects look much more impressive than before. I'd have to say this purchase is one of the best I've ever made, on par with my Silverstone TJ04-E :D

My only gripe is a single stuck/dead pixel in the top right hand corner of my screen however it is actually barely noticeable. I intend on running JScreenFix for a few hours whenever I can be bothered getting around to it to see if this comes good.

Last edited:
Yup, right up their with my TJ04-E for favorite purchases. So glad I bit the bullet and went with this. I only wish I'd not bought my last 27" screen before this. Cost me $150 to get rid of it quickly.

My only gripe is a single stuck/dead pixel in the top right hand corner of my screen however it is actually barely noticeable.

Well if it's a dead pixel Jscreenfix can't repair that. This is part of the reason I'm reluctant to buy a flat panel. All the past stories of dead pixels make me nervous! I expect the product to be functioning perfect.

Do other vendors offer some type of warranty against dead pixels? Or what about SquareTrade?

With the size of the pixels its barely noticeable, even when I've ablack background on. It's more akin to having a spec of dust on the screen.

You can actually shell out a bit more money and spend $400 outright to buy one that has been checked to have no dead pixels. I decided to take the risk, and considering how minor a defect it is in mine I'm very happy regardless.

Have a look at this eBay seller. $385.90 for a guaranteed no dead pixel screen

Still less than $400 an I've got to say this screen absolutely amazes me. One other point I forgot to mention is how much I love the green power LED. It's not very bright so it just blinks on and off in standby and doesn't light up my whole room like other screens do.

I've had 3x other screens now which I've had to physically turn off so I could sleep. This one is perfect.

I don't really understand why people have been complaining about the stand either. It's on par with other screens in this price range. Sure, Dell screens have a better stand however those are in a different price range entirely. The screen is in no way in danger of falling over. The Bezel looks rather good too so I'd have to say I'm extremely happy with this purchase.

Have a look at this eBay seller. $385.90 for a guaranteed no dead pixel screen

Still less than $400 an I've got to say this screen absolutely amazes me. One other point I forgot to mention is how much I love the green power LED. It's not very bright so it just blinks on and off in standby and doesn't light up my whole room like other screens do.

I've had 3x other screens now which I've had to physically turn off so I could sleep. This one is perfect.

I don't really understand why people have been complaining about the stand either. It's on par with other screens in this price range. Sure, Dell screens have a better stand however those are in a different price range entirely. The screen is in no way in danger of falling over. The Bezel looks rather good too so I'd have to say I'm extremely happy with this purchase.

Thanks for the link. Well how can the guy guarantee no dead pixels if it's never been opened as the description mentions??

Is the screen shiny like the Apple's?

Thanks for the report. I wish a screenshot of a game would be useful. But I doubt it. So the stand isn't so flimsy. Subjective terms. Was reading Newegg about external drive enclosure w/80mm fan. One guy says it's quiet, another said it was a jet engine!

Last edited:
Lol, thats a generic eBay description for a new item. If you email him I'm sure you'll find he's opened the box and confirmed that it's ok.

Yeah, the stand is passable. Nothing brilliant but on par with other screens in this price range.

I thought it was generic. I haven't been on eBay to buy or look, since 2000. I was poking around w/that link. I stopped going after I couldn't get my old account back. I fought w/them to give it to me, I even told them everything that was bought. Bunch of asses!

You used to be able to see who is bidding against you. Now you can't..wonder why they changed that. It was such a simpler site back then, now it's bloated with all sorts of "features".

What about the screen is is SHINY like Apples?

For us gamers, I thought people would enjoy this link of 30 years of gaming. Man, I can't believe some of these screenshots were hi-tech, even I played some of them too! It's all relative RPG screenshots

Last edited:
Yup, it's shiny like Apples, although not for the same reason. Apples screens are shiny becuase they are glass reinforced however they've an anti glare coating on the screens themselves. These are shiny without the reinforced glass because they have no anti glare coating.

I find all this means it that when its turned off I can see things reflected in it, and when its no I can't. Everything is amazingly clear.

With eBay I don't actually bid on anything. I find that people get hooked on bidding and you generally don't get bargains that way. Sometimes you do but most of the time you don't. For the most part I filter out anything that isn't "Buy it now" listed.

I thought Apple's had glass on it. Hmm glass reinforced, that sounds like a good idea, makes it a bit heavier though. Anti glare is used to minimize reflection I guess. Is this more a problem w/flat panels than w/CRTs?

Well I never bid either per se, that only jacks up the price! I used to wait to the last minute, with like 7 windows open, each with a slightly higher bid, and I'd hit send on them all. It usually worked without increasing the bid by more than a dollar or two.

Only useful if you're silly enough to touch your screen. Personally I HATE people touching my screen. Hard to clean the fingerprints off. Just another case of Apple designing their products for the lowest common denominator (with people that is).

I imagine anti glare might be a good idea in an eyefinity setup so each screen doesn't refelect off the other. With mine on the other hand I find no issues what-so-ever. I actually prefer the shiny surface.

Last edited:
That pixel perfect policy is a sham. It varies from seller to seller, and even the ones who open it(not all of them do) have a clause to return x amount of dollars for a dead pixel. Most lcd makers, even here in the states, require several dead pixels before they will exchange the monitor, however, you can bully the reps here a lot easier to get them to make you happy.

As for the stand, its the cheapest ive ever seen that remained functional, only worse stand ive seen had a recall on it. And mine doesnt even lean, some of the guys on ocn have gotten stands with a good 1" lean from left to right.

I've had worse stands from BenQ and LG. Neither are great. Mine sit up perfectly. I reasonably certain it'd be dead easy to get rid of all the wobble from it. It's the swivelling base that causes it. A bit of super glue to make it fixed and it'd be sweet as.

Either way. I'm extremely happy with my screen. Looks amazing.

Last edited:
Back