• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rack Enclosure Water Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neemo

Hi, new guy here.

Recently purchased my first water cooling rig. There's a lot of stuff in my order so I'll probably get it a bit after new year.

Spec sheet:
CPU: i7 2600K @ 4Ghz
Mobo: Asus Maximus IV Extreme
GPU: Sapphire Radeon 6950 & Sapphire Radeon 6950 Dirt3 -edition
Memory: 4x 4GB A-Data 1600Mhz DDR3
HDD: Intel SASUC8I Raid Controller & 4x 1TB Samsung F3 HD201SJ in RAID0

I basically went with water cooling the whole rig. CPU, Chipset and both GPUs. I bought universal blocks on the GPUs since there isn't a Dirt3-edition full cover available and it looks nicer to have the same bloks on both.

I'm probably going to make an elaborate and thorough work log when I get the parts with pics and comments so more on that when I get the parts.

So, hi! :D

----

On the real post subject, browsing through wc articles and youtube-videos and whatnot I stumbled upon this:
http://www.koolance.com/product_archive/product_info.php?product_id=372
erm-3k4u5_p0.jpg

Isn't this like the coolest thing ever? :D I can't afford it for awhile since the recent purchase left a bit of a dent in my economy and alas, it's discontinued. But I was thinking that since my computer case is already in a rack I could build something similiar to that and get amazing OC results. Probably a bit lighter version since that monstrosity can dissipate a whopping 3000 watts of heat :D

Someday...!

Last edited:
Hi, new guy here.

Recently purchased my first water cooling rig. There's a lot of stuff in my order so I'll probably get it a bit after new year.

Spec sheet:
CPU: i7 2600K @ 4Ghz
Mobo: Asus Maximus IV Extreme
GPU: Sapphire Radeon 6950 & Sapphire Radeon 6950 Dirt3 -edition
Memory: 4x 4GB A-Data 1600Mhz DDR3
HDD: Intel SASUC8I Raid Controller & 4x 1TB Samsung F3 HD201SJ in RAID0

I basically went with water cooling the whole rig. CPU, Chipset and both GPUs. I bought universal blocks on the GPUs since there isn't a Dirt3-edition full cover available and it looks nicer to have the same bloks on both.

I'm probably going to make an elaborate and thorough work log when I get the parts with pics and comments so more on that when I get the parts.

So, hi! :D

----

On the real post subject, browsing through wc articles and youtube-videos and whatnot I stumbled upon this:
http://www.koolance.com/product_archive/product_info.php?product_id=372
erm-3k4u5_p0.jpg

Isn't this like the coolest thing ever? :D I can't afford it for awhile since the recent purchase left a bit of a dent in my economy and alas, it's discontinued. But I was thinking that since my computer case is already in a rack I could build something similiar to that and get amazing OC results. Probably a bit lighter version since that monstrosity can dissipate a whopping 3000 watts of heat :D

Someday...!

Discontinued... :(

3000W is at like 30C dT...so don't consider it that extreme. You could probably set something up on diagonal crossflow with 2 rads in and 2 rads out with pumps with restops in the middle. It'd be a bit pricey to do, but it would last you forever with that amount of cooling power

Back