• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

installing ATi 9500 pro onto a new a7n87 deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tweaker

Having issues with my new MOBO. After installing the AGP ATI9500pro card and drivers, windows xp loads and then I get a black dead screen. any suggestions for why this is happening? HELP

k, im just gonna go out on a limb here and assume that your board is AMD... have you installed teh latest 4in1 drivers (if its VIA).. do you have the sp1 installed for you xp ?

You could always try booting into windows safe mode (Im not sure about Xp cause im used to Win2k does it have safe mode?), uninstall the drivers.. then reinstall them ?

Other than that I wouldn't have a clue .. if worst comes to worst.. you could always reformat and reinstall windows

Goateh said:
k, im just gonna go out on a limb here and assume that your board is AMD... have you installed teh latest 4in1 drivers (if its VIA).. do you have the sp1 installed for you xp ?

Its an nForce2 board, not a VIA board :)

Did you do a clean install of the O/S when you changed mobo's?
What was your previous mobo?

If you could give a step-by-step of your upgrade, that would help.
Sounds like chipset drivers though; and if you had a VIA product before, you'll need to do a clean install of your O/S to clear out all the old driver info..

sorry. keys all look the same without glasses! hehehe.
It is a A7N8X deluxe MOBO. I found the prob, flat screen monitor has to be switched to analog when putting in new, shoulda known eh? Thanx for tryin to give an assist to all!

Back