• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GenX 1000 Water Pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archangel8

Just bought one of these off of ebay for a new rig I building for someone, and just tested it. The damn thing is loud, but has some serious PSI for only 270 gph.

Any one have any experience with these things, and maybe a way to tame the noise. The impeller is already affixed, and I think that the person who sold this one to me was using it for a water cooling rig. Very cool looking pump, but the noise and vibration need to be addressed. Normally use the AquaVia 1300, as it has proven over and over to be very quiet and reliable despite some negative views from the oc community.

Any suggestions, maybe mounting setup or something that coudl quiet this puppy down a bit.

Did you test it with or without water? All pumps are pretty loud without it. To help vibration on mine I used velcro and pax.mate under it but alot of people use mousepad also.

Actually put the thing in the sink to test, being submersible and all. Think I still have some left over padding and I will probably try that with some acrylic as the base plate to dampen vibration.

Guess I could always fab a reservoir and stick it under water, but I only have access to stainless steel, and I am thinking that it will make the noise worse, and also increase the heat of the water. Well I guess its trial and error time.

Thanks for the tips

The via is NOT proven to be reliable. firstly for one that you mentioned, how it has some bad reviews. secondly, there has been a few pump deaths. thirdly, they specifically state NOT to use inline in the instruction manual.

what kind of noise is your GenX pump making? Is it rattling, vibrating, or gargling or what is it?

Do you have any specs on this pump?

I was speaking from my own experience with Via as I have used one for quite some time.

It making a rattling noise, accompanied by some vibration. It seems to be coming from the pump housing and the setup is standard magnetic, with ceramic shaft; 260 gph; 110vac, submersible inline.

Thought about tearing it open to see if there is something I could do to fix it, but I am a little skeptical; I am used to my via being dead quiet so it may be that I am just a little sensitive. When I got the via I attached the impeller with a spot of glue and it went from quiet to silent. I checked the impeller on this one and either it was glued by previous owner or it was manufactured without the standard play to prevent damage form debris.

Any suggestions?

Back