• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New GPU core 17 released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I had a 7661 WU hang while using the OpenCL APP from the 12.8 Catalyst.
Had quite a few crashes of 7661 from NaNs though

No probs since 7662 and cleaned out drivers + 13.1 install.

Holy crap! This is going to totally flip my folding numbers from before on their head! I just tried it here on my HTPC's 6670 and it's the first time I've even seen the GPU fold at over 50% load with the current driver. Waiting on the PPD estimate since the WU just started, but I'm looking forward to seeing what my 6850 and 6870 can do!

Now I feel like an idiot for buying GT 620's on sale to install next to my Radeon cards for folding (they had actually been pulling more PPD).

I removed the beta flag from my 4 GTS 450 GPU's, these core 17 WU's kill me. Now I'm getting better WU's :)

holy @#$% running the two 6870's in my sig. gotta wait for a day till my ppd settles out its flying all over the board right now. but ya this took my cards from 5600ppd each to what apears like it will be 15-20k ppd each. only time will tell

**EDIT
ummmm look at the ppd top right..... im thinking the program is including a bonus factor that shouldn't be there.... that or i have wome sort of wonder cards
Capture.jpg

Last edited:
**EDIT
ummmm look at the ppd top right..... im thinking the program is including a bonus factor that shouldn't be there.... that or i have wome sort of wonder cards

That is normal behavior for these units. It takes a bit to settle out on the PPD. I recently saw the PPD spike to 6 Million when two of my GTX 590 started four of these units at the same time! That was a pretty sweet sight! But alas, it was too good to last. Ended up at a measly 112,000 PPD. ;)

Back