• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

newbie question... how to oc ram..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xvi3tsoljahx

my ram is posted on the bottom... would it be smart of me to get 2 different brand rams? im planning to add 512 or maybe an other 256 will my board support pc3000 or pc3200 it says on the specs max 2700... i need opinions... =\ Love ocing its gettin me hooked on computers more and more... im more interested how to make my ram to pc3000

don't get two different rams. its better to have one stick than several. makes overclocking more of a challenge.

you overclock ram by either a) changing the ram timings in bios or b) altering the motherboard's front side bus (FSB) or c) going out to the barn and hitting the animals rear with a cattle prod :cool:

your mobo will support 2700 and beyond rams. if i were you,
i would sell my 2700 stick, then buy the 512mb of the stuff you
had in mind. it isn't a good idea to have 2 different brand name
rams in one mobo as it may cause some compatibility issues. :p

always thought when it said pc2700 max it would be the max =) then again my mobo said xp2000 but i stuck a xp2100 =) thanks for ur help starfox

xvi3tsoljahx said:
always thought when it said pc2700 max it would be the max =) then again my mobo said xp2000 but i stuck a xp2100 =) thanks for ur help starfox

sure "your name here" i'm glad to have helped :p

Starfox said:

sure "your name here" i'm glad to have helped :p

laugh.gif

took me a second til i read his screen name. lol.

umm you would steadily increase the FSB until it gets unstable.
also try changing the timings to make ram go fast.

look at the stickied post above, that should help you out :p

Back