• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Contest Starts Tomorrow - Only 8 Participants

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
The title says it all. The contest begins tonight at midnight. So far we only have 8 entries. Those of you who emailed me know who you are. I thought we would have more people interested than this, but maybe it will grow.

So far only 9 people have e-mailed me per the instructions in the sticky:

Here's how it's going to work. It will be easier if I know who all I should be monitoring for the contest, so everyone whom wants to enter should send email to [email protected] and state 1)your forum name if applicable, and secondly your seti user name and what rank you currently hold. This will help me organize things a bit. The cut off date for entering via email is midnight June 30th - this coming Sunday. Now the rules:

1)Everyone that enters the contest will get one ticket for doing at least 1 wu per day for the entire month of July.

2)Any member that joins the team during the month of July, and enters the contest via email as discussed above, will get 1 bonus ticket (provided they follow rule 1 also)

3)An inactive member - one that hasn't returned a unit since December 31st 2001, will get 1 bonus ticket for returning and following rule #1 of course. This is hard to follow folks. I do have a list of inactive members for several months, but not 6 months. I'm not sure how we're going to handle this part.

4)You can get 1 extra ticket by donating $1, and that's all.

5)You can buy as many extra tickets as you like for $5 each.

I would prefer that donations be sent to the Paypal account listed on the donations page. That makes it easier for me to track. I don't want donations coming via snail mail after July - that just won't work. We need to run this in an organized fashion within the month of July.

Digital Pimp said:
*you've got mail*

Digital

yes, 1 ticket per day as long as you send in at least 1 wu per day as well
Actually no - that's not how it works. You enter and get 1 ticket for the month as long as you turn in 31 units during the month of July - or average 1 per day, however you want to look at it. New members get a bonus ticket. One and only 1 extra ticket may be bought for $1. If you want more than 2 tickets extras may be purchased for $5 each. So if all you do is just enter then you only get one ticket. If you're a new member and you enter you get two.

TC said:
Actually no - that's not how it works. You enter and get 1 ticket for the month as long as you turn in 31 units during the month of July - or average 1 per day, however you want to look at it. New members get a bonus ticket. One and only 1 extra ticket may be bought for $1. If you want more than 2 tickets extras may be purchased for $5 each. So if all you do is just enter then you only get one ticket. If you're a new member and you enter you get two.

oh... gotcha

digital

should we make a better way to annouce this contest???

like sticky saying "join oc.com seti team & win a combo system"

or,

make an anoucement/statment on the front page

this should help to draw more new/old member.

also, should we extend the entry period for a little longer in order to give time for new comer/old schooler? like till the first/second week of July. and as long as they ave. at least 1/day, they r in.

just my $0.02

and lastly, good luck to u all!!!!

Back