• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

name my new business .......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
UnseenMenace said:

.. it would be a little off as It would be clear to me where I obtained the idea for that name.. I dont know about everyone else ;)

I think everyone here trusts that the right thing will be done when the name is chosen, who ever the lucky person is. For me, it's been a lot of fun and I have enjoyed reading everyone's ideas.

Wouldn't it be great if he turned this into a multi-billion dollar business someday? Then the story will be told how he obtained the name of his company for the sum of two fan grills. Sort of like Nike paying $100 to the guy who designed the "swoosh". :D :D

Good luck to everyone!!:)

DynaFluids
RollingFluids
ThunderFluids
HydraSharx
FluidsThundering
FluidsRolling
Hamsteroncrackmakzthesepiecesso****

Don't swear. I don't like changing posts.

Thelemac

Last edited by a moderator:
Hardware Man said:

I think everyone here trusts that the right thing will be done when the name is chosen, who ever the lucky person is. For me, it's been a lot of fun and I have enjoyed reading everyone's ideas.

Wouldn't it be great if he turned this into a multi-billion dollar business someday? Then the story will be told how he obtained the name of his company for the sum of two fan grills. Sort of like Nike paying $100 to the guy who designed the "swoosh". :D :D

Good luck to everyone!!:)

Yeah. Oh, I'm writing down every name and who wrote it, so far I'm halfway down page two (going backwards, anyone know why ;) ), and the list is HUGE! I'll tell you how many there are once I figure it out.

and a few more... I don't think anyone's used effects yet have they? if so, I didn't mean to steal your thunder (no pun intented)

waterjet effects (sorta rhymes doesn't it?)

fluid effects

hydro effects.

munky185 said:

I couldn't resist.....

<-------------------------------------

Very pretty. And I've finished listing all of them up to now, it's a massive list. If you don't get a good name from this Tbolt I'd be shocked. And we still have one week left. :eek: :eek: :eek:

T-bird man, Crystal Method and Penguin 4x4 have the most I think... though I included anything you meant as a joke because it might be useful.

Anyhow, does anyone want to know the numbers? Because I'll count out how many each person has and the total if anyone is interested.

I'll get shot for this.

FuNkin Incredible Modding Gear!

Now I'll go Ban myself for 3 days..... :D

skip said:
I'll get shot for this.

FuNkin Incredible Modding Gear!

Now I'll go Ban myself for 3 days..... :D

LMAO! LOOK AT HIS RANK!!! Don't worry skip, I tried watercooled PC's, might as well change my rank as well. :p

And now come more so none of you steal it during the night:

3d effects
3dfx (the company doesn't exist anymore, so it's ok to steal the name ;))
tech industries
tek industries
tech designs
tek designs
flowing effects
tech effects
tek effects
cool and clear designs
creative works
cool and clear dynamics
cool dynamics
clear dynamics
dynamic works
dynamic industries
dynamic effects
dynamic technologies
hydro hydraulics
hydro works
aquatic systems
aqautic designs
aquatic works
flowing works
aqautic effects
cool and clear effects
cool effects
clear effects
dynamic FANtasy
digital dynamics
digital designs
digital works
liquid metal
molten designs
molten industries
molten effects
molten works
Dynatek
Dynatech
Datadyne industries
Solid works
Solid effects
Solid designs
Air designs
Air effects
Solid Mods
Legacy PC
Legacy designs
Legacy effects
LegO/C PC
legO/C designs
LegO/C effects
legOC PC
legOC designs
legOC effects

That's 55, for those who are to lazy to count. I'll ask my dad if he has any good ones, he is pretty good with these kinds of things.

UnseenMenace said:

Why be critical of other peoples ideas?.. Do you have to win that badly?.. It appears that my suggestion for Fluid Designs was good enough to RIPP and suggest Fluid Design Systems (FDS) should someone now do fluid design techniques ? (FDT).
Hey and if you still cant think of any better, cus the idea and put the judge off... ... :mad:

Apart from the comment above in another post you make the assumption

There has been no suggestion that there will be other equipment used and you do not seem to make any such negative comments regarding liquid or water in any of your posts even though many suggestions use these types of fluid and as such I consider you to be negative only towards one suggestion which obtained a few positive comments early on in this thread

Imho Fluid Designs works because it is easy to remember and stands out which is important in the case of a URL, easily remembered ones stick in the mind. The name also presents a professional one rather than a geeky tech product and without limiting the product line to just grills. The name gives some indication as to what the process being used is however should a time come the name could be redefined to mean .. fluid as in a smooth design process

The idea of this thread was to suggest names, not to put others suggestions down, it is unsporting imho.. There is only one judge and making comments which may sway him is unfair for all concerned

i apoligise if i offended anyone, i was stateing an opinion just as the people supporting the idea were, i am sorry to have been misread. the comment about fluid (and by fluid i ment to imply water and hydry ect.) not perhaps being not the best idea was rather poorly stated i admit. i was trying to help not hinder i am sincerly sorry to have offended you in such a way and in the future i will try to refrain from makeing such remarks.

(note:e'phex is changeible with any spelling of effects)
mercury FX
klockwurx
smooth e'phex
digital e'phex
hi flow e'phex
digital wurx
Hi Tech e'phex
Alien e'phex
Alien wurx
star e'phex

well since he hasn't said anything...

he's checking on my suggestion: Liquid PC

i think its very professional yet still able to be very cool.

unless he is planning on delving into the PC building business, i think that liquid designs makes more sense than liquid PC IMHO. its just that the PC says "hey, i make PC systems" rather than "i make custom designs for a number of things"...overall i think that liquid designs, as UM said, is a good name that is easy to remember, and it can be applied to just one or many things, from grilles to custom case windows, etc...see what i'm saying?

btw, this is in no way a put down on your idea...just some constructive criticism. if my name ideas don't win i might as well help someone else, ya know? :)

jeff

Marge: How about... Compuglobalhypermeganet?
Homer: Fine, it's not important...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, this is as hard as pulling teeth... Hell, I think Id rather have my teeth pulled intead of chosing a name.. I like about 80% of them....LOL

I like the AV...Munky

And Skip... see yea in three days...LOL

I cant believe I spent the last 30 minutes reading all the names and taking notes..
yea, and a week to go.. shoot, im tired already....

Thanks Everyone
Cheers :beer:
Charlie

Jeff Bolton said:
unless he is planning on delving into the PC building business, i think that liquid designs makes more sense than liquid PC IMHO. its just that the PC says "hey, i make PC systems" rather than "i make custom designs for a number of things"...overall i think that liquid designs, as UM said, is a good name that is easy to remember, and it can be applied to just one or many things, from grilles to custom case windows, etc...see what i'm saying?

btw, this is in no way a put down on your idea...just some constructive criticism. if my name ideas don't win i might as well help someone else, ya know? :)

jeff

yeah i understand... and the point of the name i suggested is that if he gets popular he can expand to whatever he wants in the world of computers. he could be the next alienware (with lower prices i hope)

Back