• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help... Help Me Please!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moosellama

Help please........ recently, i took out all the components from my comp to clean it (it was reaaaaaalllly dusty) and cut a hole. After my friend and I put it back together, he connected all the fans really messy so there was wires blocking alot of air flow. when we turned on the comp,,, everything was all right. well... i disconnected the comp again and rewired my fans in a much for organized way, only this time when i hooked my comp back up, i also connected my printer and stuff (note: my printer was on). when i pushed the power button, the printer sucked up and spat out a sheet of paper but my comp did not turn on. now, it just wont turn on. I know it has power because the led on the motherboard lights up. I NEED HELP!!!! PLEASE, WOULD AN EXPERT PLEEEEEAAASSSEEEE GIVE A SUGGESTION!!!!! Note: all the pins are in correctly.

here are my comps stats:
Motherboard: AAbit ST6 RAID
CPU: Intel Celeron Coppermine 866 (not overclocked)
Case: Antec SX630 (its the small one)

First of all welcome to the forums :D

Try disconnecting all the fans again and see what happens.
If your computer posts try connecting the fans one at a time, one or more of the fans could be makeing a short somewhere.

GL

i tried dis connecting the fans once, but i will try again, thx. if u have any other suggestions, i would really really appreciate it.

Well from my point of view the other option might by that a short has occured on the motherboard or in the PSU. Have u tryed another PSU ? If not try that. You mention that u have power cuzz your mobo LED is on but does your CPU fan and harddrive turn on (rotate/power up) when u hit the power button or does the comp just remain off?

Enywayz try with another PSU (Power Supply Unit)

well... i tried diconnecting the fans again, but nothing happened. When i hit the power button, nothing happens at all. ya.... mabey i will borrow my friends PSU to see if that is the case. hmmmm.... any other suggestions?

This may seem like a dumb question, but is everything connected firmly? And is your power button plugged in all the way/correctly? I recently had a similar problem where my comp wouldn't start, so I checked the power button wires and re-attached them and it started.

Back