p4 423 Heatsink?

Does anyone make a good p 4 423 heatsink?

---X---
    Swiftech's MCX423 is the best, nothing comes close, however, Im not sure how available it is. I know your dilemma, Im looking to fool around with an original P4 1.5, but after seeing what's so limited out there I decided that when I get around to it, Ill make my own waterblock instead

Re: p4 423 Heatsink?

Originally posted by Ratinfested
    Does anyone make a good p 4 423 heatsink?

Swiftech MCX423 or Volcano 7+ .. they're both good heatsinks for S423 Willies.. bigfootcomputers.com still have them both I guess.. Good luck

---X---
    Volcano 7+ is compatible with Socket 423? Since when

Originally posted by ---X---
    Volcano 7+ is compatible with Socket 423? Since when
    it comes with a rentention kits for socket 370/ A / 423 / 478 ..

10 Year Badge
    Originally posted by pacino

it comes with a rentention kits for socket 370/ A / 423 / 478 ..
    I have a 1.7ghz socket 423 and a Volcano 7+
    I read the manual and looked at the pins. Either i bought the wrong vol 7+ or i didnt get the instructions for the socket 423. Cuzz on my Vol 7+ it says socekt 370, 462, and 478 i yet to find the socket 423 instructions on the manual. Nor can i bend, shape or alter the clips to mount it on the socket 423. Right now my volcano is just sitting collecting dust so if u know how to mount it plz let me know. Until then i'll just keep it for my socket 478 that i hope to get soon.
    "The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all, is the person who argues with him." Stanislaw Jerszy Lec

---X---
    Originally posted by NO1

I have a 1.7ghz socket 423 and a Volcano 7+
    I read the manual and looked at the pins. Either i bought the wrong vol 7+ or i didnt get the instructions for the socket 423. Cuzz on my Vol 7+ it says socekt 370, 462, and 478 i yet to find the socket 423 instructions on the manual. Nor can i bend, shape or alter the clips to mount it on the socket 423. Right now my volcano is just sitting collecting dust so if u know how to mount it plz let me know. Until then i'll just keep it for my socket 478 that i hope to get soon.
    I thought so...I knew the 7+ had compatibility with 370, 478, and A, and thought it ended there...guess it does

Holy cow. $114 for a heatsink. I think ill be making my own. I was thinking of getting two copper heatsinks like the sk6 and weld them together side by side to make it long enough to reach the mounting ends