• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I live in shame.....this is absolutely horrible.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just got my GeForce3 in last week...it is the best thing i have ever spent my money on...my benchmark was so high i pissed my pants...shadow think of it this way...if you buy a good card now you will end up buying another good card later...just buy a GREAT card now and enjoy it for a long time! I don't know but if you have seen what a GeForce3 can do....but it is simply amazing!!!!!!

yea.....I'm not that impressed with the GTS, but I'm going to replace my girlfriends Rage 128 with this one and get myself a G3 next week. I'll let you guys know.

No Shadow noooo!

Don't forget 3dMark uses T&L! V5 doesn't even have it!

Also V5 scales with processor speed, I believe Geforce cards stop scaling at 800mhz....

Ah well..

After 800MHz, MX becomes the bottleneck... I don't think other better GeForces become bottlenecks at 800MHz.

Update: There's also an AGP version there for $73.

Shadow, I just ordered a V5 5500 from Compuvest.com for $75. Granted, it's the PCI version, but hey, that's what I was looking for. I'm going to keep my GeForce2 as my alternate display adapter. :) (Dual Monitors kick butt.)

Shadow ÒÓ (Jul 04, 2001 06:31 p.m.):
yea.....I'm not that impressed with the GTS, but I'm going to replace my girlfriends Rage 128 with this one and get myself a G3 next week. I'll let you guys know.

Pinky (Jun 20, 2001 08:48 a.m.):
fireball****aka fireball_87 (Jun 19, 2001 11:30 a.m.):
if that's 3dmark 2000, that's a HORABLE score for even a geforce 256, you shuld be getting ATLEAST 5000 on that setup(my creative gf2 mx card gets 5000 on my duron@935) make sure everything's cranked up in the bios(4xagp, fast wrights, 128mb agp apture, vido ram cashable, ect.)

It's because 3dmark only looks at the one cpu, doesn't take dual procs into consideration... I didn't enable the video cacheable though, I'll do that on bootup tonight... everything else is fine... I get 45FPS in UT city intro, and steady 50-60 during gameplay on my Hall of Giants server (when I connect through my switch). Not bad, at least I'm impressed. Again, UT doesn't take advantage of the dual procs either.

**Update, just for kicks I downloaded 3dmark 2001, benchmarked again in 3dmark 2000, and I will put the screen shots here:

[img="[URL]http://www.geocities.com/speshal_k/baseballcards/3dmark2001ocdet1200.jpg[/URL]"] 3dmark 2001 score of 1574

[img="[URL]http://www.geocities.com/speshal_k/baseballcards/3dmark2kocdet1200.jpg[/URL]"] 3dmark 2000 score of 3449

The 2001 score is actually pretty good for my card, puts it in some nice company (over the MX Pros and just behind the Radeon LE DDR)... now for the future games in high quality, I dunno... only time will tell, but I'm definitely thinking about a geforce 3 in my next machine (at year's end).

My Radeon LE will do 2400 with Hyper Z enabled but default clock (148/148) or 3100 at 195/195.

Back