• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blackout caused some trouble on the homefront:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Newbie_Doo

Admin Parent
Looks like I am down 3 boxen for a short bit. A blackout caused some trouble on the boxes that shared one circuit (including the server with the UPS) and I need to iron it out. Production should be back up fairly soon. I don't think I lost any equipment, but I definitely have some HD corruption on at least two boxes and the server is acting oddly.

I'll keep you posted.

N_D

Good luck straightening everything out. Hope nothing is dead. The last time I had a blackout, I had to format and redo:cry:
Man that sucked!

Tweaked! said:
Good luck straightening everything out. Hope nothing is dead. The last time I had a blackout, I had to format and redo:cry:
Man that sucked!

Hello there happy the 4th Tweaked .. Are you any chance live near UC. I used to live there 5 years in one of those 100 years old house :)

PS: no format for me on those folding rig cause I have no HDrive hehe :burn:

Newbie_Doo said:
Looks like I am down 3 boxen for a short bit. A blackout caused some trouble on the boxes that shared one circuit (including the server with the UPS) and I need to iron it out. Production should be back up fairly soon. I don't think I lost any equipment, but I definitely have some HD corruption on at least two boxes and the server is acting oddly.

I'll keep you posted.

N_D

sorry to hear about it N_D, hope it is nothing too serious or costly and i hope you will able to get the boxes up without any more problems. good luck!!!

Looks like the carnage also includes the P3-1000EB box. My daughter just informed me that it hasn't worked since the blackout.

I'm too busy to do any repairs right now, so I am limping along with just 4 boxes active. *sigh*

Newbie_Doo said:
Looks like the carnage also includes the P3-1000EB box. My daughter just informed me that it hasn't worked since the blackout.

I'm too busy to do any repairs right now, so I am limping along with just 4 boxes active. *sigh*

sorry to hear you got more bad news... hope it looks up for you and you can get the boxes up:) don't hesistate to let us know if you need any help :D

Bummer Anthony...hope you get that straightened away.

I just lost a rig myself....my old P/// rig. I'm pretty sure the mobo went south. I can't get it to boot, or even beep, with the P/// 700E or a 500 Katmai. Either the board, or something with the PSU perhaps, but I think likely the board.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the capacitors?? (after reading the article linked to on the front page last week (it's an Abit SH6))

Unfortunately, I don't have another intel board handy to test out the 700E, but can try a different PSU...just haven't done that yet...

B.

That's a pretty big loss. I recently lost a mobo, but it didn't compare to that. Sorry to hear it. Hope you get it figured out and the loss isn't too great.

The bad news is: I may have to repair or replace 4 computers.

The good news is: I may have to repair or replace 4 computers.

When I have some time next week, I need to go shopping on Newegg...

Fold ON! :burn:

hey newbie,

does this mean i have to get more boxes folding now so i can get a bigger lead on you?

come and get me :D

scoobiedoo

Newbie_Doo said:
The bad news is: I may have to repair or replace 4 computers.

The good news is: I may have to repair or replace 4 computers.

When I have some time next week, I need to go shopping on Newegg...

Fold ON! :burn:

well sounds more bad to me , but i guess this could be a chance to get bigger and better system and have a more prolific farm:D keeps us posted on how things go!!

I have managed to get 3 of the 4 boxen running again. Now all I have to do is troubleshoot the P3-1000. It is completely non-responsive. Hopefully it is the PSU. If not, I guess I could put this XP1600 in up there...

Newbie_Doo said:
I have managed to get 3 of the 4 boxen running again. Now all I have to do is troubleshoot the P3-1000. It is completely non-responsive. Hopefully it is the PSU. If not, I guess I could put this XP1600 in up there...

well glad to see that thing are going better. from the intial post it looked like you might have been in some really serious trouble. Hope all goes well with the p3 and you can get it up without to much $$ required!!!

Look forward to seeing you at full strength again;)

FOLD ON
NAS

PSU was dead on the P3-1000. Replaced it and the 'puter is now doing continuous spontaneous reboots before BIOS does the handoff. Looks like something may be fried. The HDD possibly, or maybe IDE controller. Still ongoing...

Last edited:
Back