• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI vs AGP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Go with the Radeon LE BILL! Yea yea I know I always say that, but I cant help it! Its like a addiction! I love 32 bit bright shart images!

Actually though, since the Voodoo5 dosn't have hardware T&L, and you went with a 650 processor, you might be better off with a MX or Radeon card.

Ive seen MX's as cheap as 50 bucks, Radeons are around 80 shipped.

The Radeon does well on slower processers, hint hint. And does better than the MX on 32 bit color. No one can dispute that.
AKDUDE

Is this a deal ?

"64MB NVIDIA GeFORCE 2MX/ 400 4X AGP+DVD 20@$1(item #1248747107)
Your bid was in the amount of: $35.01"

Thanks Billy

guessing since it's a bid thing, it may be used. Careful what you get from Ebay.......I've seen/heard of many dead products arriving at the door. Roomie got a dead Sony Trinitron 17" monitor once.

It DOES sound like a good deal tho.

The Voodoo5 has FSAA that the Geforce 2 can't beat. It doesn't rate as high in benchmarks (esp. 3dmark) because of the T&L, but I've heard that T&L is barely ever used in the real world. If you're doing flight sim, the Voodoo is a sure bet because of the FSAA. But if you're playing a FPS, I would (although I own a Voodoo) reccommend a Nvidia card.

Most of the new 3D games take advantage of T&L, some very much so.

I agree that V5 has better FSAA, atleast in the screenshots I've seen. Dunno about GF3 & super-sampling, it should be quite good.

Anyway, AGP is always better.

the geforce2 mx is about the best low priced card around heck i got mine brand new from frys fo 89 bucks not bad for a 32 meg card, cousre i had to rip the heat sink off and lapp it and actually epoxy it on instead of double sided clear sticky tape and it supports hardware t&l and you can over clock the heck outta em mines at 200mhz core and 190 mem now

hey Bill,
i had a 8mb vodoo 3 which i was pretty happy with.
then i bought my woman a voodoo 3 2000 pci and it was nice.
i finally figured i would upgrade a little so i bought the ATI Radeon 64mb DDR with vivo. (video in out)
it cost 169.00 after rebate at circcuit city.
ill never regret that purchase cause it rocks!
the dvd picture is unreal and my games fly with rich colors.
it also comes with a 5 year warranty!
awsome picture playin games on my 27 inch RCA via the video in video out!

good luck

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the advice. There is a show in my area next week and I now know what I am looking for in a video card.

I want DDR on the board
I want AGP 4 x
I want 64 mb
I want tv out for playing dvd's
I want it all for about $125.00 (this part is negotiable )

Thanks Billy

the 64 meg part might be hard, but I've seen the GTS on pricewatch for around $100........so maybe not impossible. It has everything else you wanted but only 32 megs.

Back