• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

w00t!! Booyeah!! 0wn3d!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
My processor is officially unlocked!

I had the jumper block set to Palo_freq. Cown said in a different thread in Asus AMD Mobos to set it to Tbird/Duron. I did that, and it's officially unlocked!

I danced around my room and babled to my dad for about 5 minutes. I don't think he understood, but I don't care!

my processor is unlocked!!!

beerchug.gif

hmm before you changed the jumper would it just not use the other multis or could you only use certain ones? just curious cause my unlocked cpu only does the .5 multis (12.5, 11.5, 10.5 ect) and it does have a pally/tbird jumper if memory serves... but i am pretty sure i just missed a bridge or something unlocking.

so far I've checked 8, 10, 10.5, 11, 12, and 12.5 w/ success. I'm running 12*138*1.775 vcore, but Prime doesn't like me. It craps out after the 3rd of 4th iteration in Torture. I might feed it a bit more and see if it starts to like me.

I knew what was in the thread when I looked at the title with your name, since you've been through like 5 unlocking attempts. Good Luck with it. You know that you could probably hit 166x whatever which makes a clock speed around stock and no necessary voltage is required. That's how I ran mine.

The details :D (ASUS A7V-266-E)

If you wanna be able to adjust your CPU multiplier your mobo jumpers have to be set like this:

jumper.jpg

The Athlon/XP jumper must be set correctly otherwise multiplier adjustment will NOT work.

The rest have to be "Jumper Free"

Try setting your "I/O Voltage settings" to 2.8V (Locate the jumpers by looking in your mobo manual, page 20 GL :D )

Cown said:
The details :D (ASUS A7V-266-E)

If you wanna be able to adjust your CPU multiplier your mobo jumpers have to be set like this:

jumper.jpg

The Athlon/XP jumper must be set correctly otherwise multiplier adjustment will NOT work.

The rest have to be "Jumper Free"

Try setting your "I/O Voltage settings" to 2.8V (Locate the jumpers by looking in your mobo manual, page 20 GL :D )

I've tried about 3 times to do this damn thing, and it turns out it pro'lly would've worked after the first attempt! I'm still experimenting a bit, but hopefully I'll be able to really push this thing now. Now it's at 12*[email protected] Vcore, but I'm not sure how stable it is. If I run the bus higher than 150, I have to run the PCI/RAM @ 133/133 cuz my HD doesn't like anything over 149 for somereason.

The VRAM is set to 2.8 by default on this board, and it won't go higher to my knowledge. Maybe I'll try 10*166 and see if that'll like me.

smudged said:
145*11.5 and snap with prime95 for me. I have had the core V up to 1.95V no more stable and things get HOT.

Same problem here. No matter HOW much voltate I feed my processor @ 140 FSB, it'll crap out.

sweet man. I messed up my bridges far to much on my XP1700 to ever be unlocked again i think :( 2 briges don't even look to be there lol. so i did the smart thing sold it ordered a new 1 that comes unlocked eheh =D

holy **** it worked, I've been sitting with an unlock xp for 2 months now. Stupid asus. I'm going to see what this board can do.

Don't swear

Thelemacf

Last edited by a moderator:
Bort said:
holy **** it worked, I've been sitting with an unlock xp for 2 months now. Stupid asus. I'm going to see what this board can do.

Nuts, ain't it? You think you got it set up right, and they throw you a curve!

I might be picking up an A7V333 soon (somebody wants my 266-E) so that'll be alright.

Last edited by a moderator:
This sucks. I can't get past 161 fsb. Doesn't matter what multi I use. Right now I'm running 11x160. I have all my mem timing at the lowest.

Hell, I can't get past 140 w/ the bugger before instability sets in. It's a real *****, this board sometimes. No matter how much vcore I feed the CPU, I can't get the bus higher!

I can do about 136, which would be alright in my books. That'd give me 100 Mhz overclock, which I could live with.

right on man...mine's getting unlocked thanks to a decent person named Illah....i cant wait to get it back unlocked...took me forever so i think i will be just as happy as you are now if not more when i get mine back! :D

Back