• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats agoia?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
consider a stepping to be a serial number givin to a certain cpu, for athlon xp's the best steppings are agoia, aroia, agoga ect... the athlon xp cpus with the agoia stepping overclock better then the other steppings, understand now?

ahh.

are they italian chips or something i keep finding italian sites for em and spanish.

Most (maybe all) of them come from Malaysia. I think there was another country, but I'm not sure because I can't remember the name.

Amd is canadian company but most cpu's are made in maysia intel is and american company but thier most of thiers are made in mayasia also

Compexpert said:
Amd is canadian company but most cpu's are made in maysia intel is and american company but thier most of thiers are made in mayasia also
Last I checked AMD was an american company based in Sunnyvale, CA. Perhaps you were thinking ATI, which is a Canadian company.

Err, I'll try to go in more detail. Stepping is a revision. As the chip progresses, steppings develop, or in this case you can say they make better revisions and AGOIA and AROIA are the final steppings of the AMD XP series, that's why they have such a better overclock than the AGKGA for example, or any others.

Yodums

Hmmm thanks...I did not make this thread but I was looking for what those letters where. I see alot of people posting them, so when I put my new cpu fan on I looked on the cpu. I have a AGOIA and I guess from reading this thread, thats not bad at all :) ......... Fry's did something right LOL :)

AGOIA is a very good stepping CPU in the AthlonXP family of CPUs.

Since the AGOIA, AMD has produced an even newer stepping called AROIA which runs in the speediest XP2100~2200 CPUs.

DS-Master

mark2k said:
ahh.

are they italian chips or something i keep finding italian sites for em and spanish.

The stepping doesnt mean anything, its just a code assigned to identify one batch of CPU's.

BinarySuperSaiyan said:
why malaysia? do they have a huge population of 12 year old sweat shops?

Would u like to pay price 10 times more if u manufactor in western countries lol... hey no one is complaining.... and i'm sure amd and intel treat malaysians with respect. also they make some in the philiipin god damn it how do u spell that lol.

Back