• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water blocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

litghost

is it a good idea to take a Alpha Pal 8050 or some other # close the top and convert it in a water block. If the welds were good would this make an effective block or would it be a waste of a good heatsink.

quick.gif

Last edited:
This is just a guess, but in a heatsink with pins that are dense and the Brass barbs on the top like that(with no protrusion
into the dense fins), you would think the water doesn't circulate properly.

The cool water would circulate out one barb and circulate on the top of the fins where the path of resistance is the least and out the other barb.

Right?

May not perform well, but looks excelent, especially with the blue LEDs. As to sames comment, I think it would depend on how powerful the pumps suction is. Water is faily heavy and I believe it would go to the bottom. Its not like its trying to perculate through tiny holes or anything. I believe there is enough space between the pins to allow the water to flow through out them.

could you solve the flow problem by have the intake near the bottom and the out at the top as shown
----------------------------------out
..............______________| |_____________
..............| || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || |
in----> == || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || =======<-----in

would this design work???? (gotta love ascii art)

Back