• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

S3Savage video card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twyst

Ok a friend and I are looking into starting a small buisness that does Home computer repairs and upgrades and hosts a decently sized LAN/cyber-cafe thing where people can do internet stuff and more importantly play games with each other. I'm working on designing the specs for our initial 10 PC's one of the barebone kits I'm putting into my comparisson comes with a S3 ProSavage8 DDR integrated video that leaches RAM from the mobo 4mb-32mb I'm confident that it's inferior to anything that we could put into the AGP slot but I'd like to have some benchmarks to back up my statement. Anyone got some? I'd appreciate the feedback thanks.

the most commonly played games r fps and are funnily enough pretty basic graphically, ie. counter strike, q3a, sof......i found that a 32mb tnt2 with a 600mhz proc n 128 ram ran these games fine. as for benchmarks i dont have any sorry. check www.madonion.com

Yeah I had the same thought I've seen and played Counter-strike on a Vodoo 3 2000 on a PII 266 just fine. But I have my doubts about newer games. JK Outcast and such bit more graphically based than anything on the Halflife or Unreal engine.

Back