• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a good DVD video card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

$o_dope

Registered
Im not much of a gamer, and im lookin for a <$100 video card that'll play DVD's, record some shows, and maybe vivo?

[i've been eye'n up the Radeon LE, and it's lookin pretty sweet] any thoughts, suggestions, and rants please feel free to fire away when ready!!!

Hey if you are just looking for a cheap dvd card I'd go with the Radeon or a Rage128 b/c they both have good dvd playback. I have a Radeon 64 in my system and I has great picture quality and a Rage 128 in my celeron gateway box and they both have good dvd playback... b/c I also have an S3 card and it lags when i try to play dvds..that can be annoying. Go with ATI. The dead gf2 gts i had did not have as good of dvd or picture quality as the radeon but it was good with games

$o_dope (Jun 27, 2001 05:40 p.m.):
Im not much of a gamer, and im lookin for a <$100 video card that'll play DVD's, record some shows, and maybe vivo?

[i've been eye'n up the Radeon LE, and it's lookin pretty sweet] any thoughts, suggestions, and rants please feel free to fire away when ready!!!

I dunno about all that for under $100, but I know for a few more dollars (check here for some price comparisons) ATI makes some nice All-In-Wonder cards that do everything under the sun (apart from taking the trash out).

cool thanx for the posts, I'm really swayin toward the Radeon VE. I feel a bit more at ease w/ the ati recommendations.

Back