Thread: 3.1 released

3.1 released

I had all the the rigs switched over to 3.0 text client either yesterday or the day before but now they've release 3.1 this one offeres the FAH/Genome option.

10 Year Badge
    whats that? from 3 to 3.1 whats the difference?
    "The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all, is the person who argues with him." Stanislaw Jerszy Lec

On a string I was held Senior NASsoccer's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Originally posted by NO1
    whats that? from 3 to 3.1 whats the difference?
    There's a 3.1beta for Windows and Linux available in the beta section (folding.stanford.edu/beta3/). Change from the previous beta is minor (a indicator of the percentage of the WU completed is one small thing in the GUI version). These betas have no expiration date and, unless any issues come up, will in a few days become the version put on the download page for general users. On another note, we have servers now such that if your team number is sub 100,000 and you choose the F@H preference in configuration, you should not have any chance of being assigned to a Core_78 (Genome) work server.
    Have a great Independence Day!
    -Guha

oh yeah, it is no longer a beta...

FOLD ON
    NAS
    Last edited by NASsoccer; 07-09-02 at 10:45 PM.

10 Year Badge
    Originally posted by NASsoccer

[i]There's a 3.1beta for Windows and Linux available in the beta section (folding.stanford.edu/beta3/). Change from the previous beta is minor (a indicator of the percentage of the WU completed is one small thing in the GUI version). These betas have no expiration date and, unless any issues come up, will in a few days become the version put on the download page for general users. On another note, we have servers now such that if your team number is sub 100,000 and you choose the F@H preference in configuration, you should not have any chance of being assigned to a Core_78 (Genome) work server.
    Have a great Independence Day!
    -Guha[i]

oh yeah, it is no longer a beta...

FOLD ON
    NAS
    oops didn't see this thread now we have 2 thread no way anybody can miss the update.

So what's the story with the stats. Last I heard if you logged on with a folding team number you got the points added to folding no matter if it was folding or genes you were doing.

Personally, I think I'll try and stick with the cancer folding research.
    i7 920 -- Asus P6T -- Thermalright Ultra120 -- Hynix 6x4G (24)
    Cucial M4 128, Western Digital 2, 4, 2-2-2
    Seasonic Platinum 1000W - Stryker
    Win8 - Adobe - Vegas Pro
    560Ti
    <><

ah i just got a new protein, i guess ill have to wait 2 hrs to chage clients