• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.1 released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbslow

I had all the the rigs switched over to 3.0 text client either yesterday or the day before but now they've release 3.1 this one offeres the FAH/Genome option.

NO1 said:
whats that? from 3 to 3.1 whats the difference?

There's a 3.1beta for Windows and Linux available in the beta section (folding.stanford.edu/beta3/). Change from the previous beta is minor (a indicator of the percentage of the WU completed is one small thing in the GUI version). These betas have no expiration date and, unless any issues come up, will in a few days become the version put on the download page for general users. On another note, we have servers now such that if your team number is sub 100,000 and you choose the F@H preference in configuration, you should not have any chance of being assigned to a Core_78 (Genome) work server.
Have a great Independence Day!
-Guha

oh yeah, it is no longer a beta...

FOLD ON
NAS

Last edited:
NASsoccer said:

There's a 3.1beta for Windows and Linux available in the beta section (folding.stanford.edu/beta3/). Change from the previous beta is minor (a indicator of the percentage of the WU completed is one small thing in the GUI version). These betas have no expiration date and, unless any issues come up, will in a few days become the version put on the download page for general users. On another note, we have servers now such that if your team number is sub 100,000 and you choose the F@H preference in configuration, you should not have any chance of being assigned to a Core_78 (Genome) work server.
Have a great Independence Day!
-Guha

oh yeah, it is no longer a beta...

FOLD ON
NAS

oops didn't see this thread now we have 2 thread no way anybody can miss the update.

So what's the story with the stats. Last I heard if you logged on with a folding team number you got the points added to folding no matter if it was folding or genes you were doing.

Personally, I think I'll try and stick with the cancer folding research.

Back