• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockin my Voodoo32000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hey its all safe... you should start by going up by 1mhz each step and when u start having freeze ups and fragments lower the mhz

I had mine at about 155 with just a heatsink on it, once I added a fan(7000 rpm proc fan) I was able to get up near 175 depending on the weather. Good luck.

Fiz

I can get up to 197 with very little articfacts and 195 mhz is perfectly stable and fast

I have a friend who runs his Voodoo3 2000 PCI at 166MHz 100% stable and with just a 486 fan glued on with superbond. And there is no artifacts what so ever.

with my voodoo 3 2000, ive removed the original heatsink, scrapped off all that solid glue stuff (with isnt thermally conductive...for some stupid reason its there) and then i put on a bit of thermal compound, and 4 dabs of superglue ..one in each corner, then i attached a 486 heatsink....quite big...then attached a 486 heatsink fan and can now run it at 172mhz....thats good for mine cos b4 it would only get to 167 before messing up.....some people have better cards from a better batch, and by carrying out what i have, you may be able to reach 190-200mhz.....its not impossible and ive heard of it been done....good luck!

Back