• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You all are going to hate me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I still cannot bring myself to pay more than a hundred dollars for a case. You can easy mod an evercase or even a drawer for that matter. I guess if I had the extra money I could look into one of the midranged antecs and the like.

out of so many good point u have said about the lian li case , I only agree with 1 point they are very light. For the rest i believe antec is equally good.

But as far as the front usb port is concerned, I am right to say that all usb ports are the same just that whether it is 1.0 or 2.0 is dependent on the motherboard right?or when they are built they are already 2.0

chieftec also has font usb ports

I know the aluminum chieftec cases are under 18 pounds. I am not sure how much the Lian Li weigh, but I am willing to guess its not much less than the Chieftec

one thing for sure lianli is definitely lighter

but when I looks at casing i do not really mid the weight as long as I provides me with adequate space.

front usb ports seemto give lianli the upper hand. however lianli cost about a hundred bucks more than the chieftec so I had better stick to the cheaper offer. Furthermore there are alot of reviews giving thumbs up to the chieftec dragon full towers. I gonna invest in one of them soon

I love mine, I swapped from a Noblesse and I am loving it. I liked the looks of my Noblesse but I found space was limited. Air flow is god, alot of space, even enough space above the PSU to mount 5-6 rheostats. I love the full side window you can see everything. So now I am just waiting for my glow in the dark round cables, UV light and clear fans and Ill be really happy.

Everyone has different needs for their case. I wanted a case that was as light as possible so I could move it whenever I felt like it. So my favorite option was a rackmount case. The case (alone) weighs only 7 pounds
0_c_front.jpg

I used the top 4 5.25" bays as intake ducts, and the handles are perfectly placed. The shoulder strap further makes this and easily transportable case.

Total Weight: 25lb
Total Cost: $195
Backs saved: 1

I've got a question for you Lian Li Case owners. How do you match the beige fronts of everything you buy to install in the metal cases? I think beige and aluminum would look pretty ugly together. Seems I saw where Lian Li sells stick on fronts for the drives for $8 a piece above and beyond the high cost of the case. I would have to have a case with a door to cover the ugly beige fronts.

Lian Li is not a good looking case IMHO. It's a square aluminum box for goodness sakes! Antec makes a nice looking case. $140 delivered "WITH" an antec 430W true power supply.

$170 for a case alone and then another $100 for a good 400watt supply is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. That's $270 before you start. You all are very right however to each his own. Good luck with your LIAN LI Case I'm happy with my cheap old Antec. ;)

well donfm, there are sites out there that sell drives that match the color of the Lian Li cases, or u can just buy the front plate for the drive. they match almost perfect to the case, if u look around u can find some places that will have pics of what they look like with the case... anyways, i like the case pretty cool looking, Emericana u should steal it for yourself and give your dad the other case :) hehe..

wait a minute for the picture of the casing posted up before. What are th side rails for and I think i see some straps.
A "bag" design computer?

well he designed the case so that he could move it around, so it has straps on it for easy movement.. and like he said that it only was about 7 pounds, so that it would be lightweight too.

Back