• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You all are going to hate me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

i bought a $35 dollar chenning case (dragon style antec etc) and when i got it, my dad, who i is going to use the computer, really hated it. he suggested that i got a case for him like i have (i have a Lian Li PC68) because he thought those were really cool looking (which they are :) ). Soooo after a bit of searching i ended up ordering this case. which in my opinion, apart from some of the coolermaster cases that are ridiculasly priced, is the nicest case i have ever seen:

i got it from http://www.xoxide.com/pc6083a.html .... has two built in blue led stripes, pre modded blowhole, and all of the other lian li features we have grown to love.... really top of the line mid tower if you ask me.

yeah i was thinkin of stealin it for myself lol... looks much cooler than my PC68. howerver he wanted it to be completly noise free computing so seeing how i added like 5 fans to my case i dont think that will be a option hehe.

80mm. i dont care tho cause they give great cooling and are on a rheobus. on my modded PC 68 i get 23C case temps.

Nice case...... i got some cheap ones for a client when i could not get Lian li or coolermaster- there nice- window and 12inch cc preinstalled for $145 with 400w p4 certifyed-

Honestly I think they are overpriced and very plain looking. But thats just my opinion. I would never pay 170bucks for a case.

you have never used a Lian Li before i take it?

the craftmanship is outstanding. they are the easiest cases to work with i have ever used. much easier than the antecs and other metal cases. they are also really light and very very easy to mod.

My brother has one he was given, I find it no different from any other. Also, they are made well, but no better than Antec, Enermax, etc. I also find they have limited space. And any case is easy to mod if you know what you are doing. 170 dollars is still too much to spend on a case.

ehh... it is all personal opinion in the end hehe.

if you want a lianli w/ more space you can get a PC70 series for around $180.

well it costs more cause it is a better quality case than chieftec/antec. there is no denying that all of you antec guys.

just cause antec is a better deal does not make it a better case...

I never said it was a better case, I said I see no big differences in the case to show that much of a cost difference. You tell me where the "better" quality is and I may agree, but right now all you are saying is it cost more so therefore more = better. In that case you need to get rid of that XP your sporting and get an Intel, because obviously its more expensive so it must be better.:)

intel is a better chip. i will admit that. when i originally bought my 1900+ northwoods were not out yet so i bought what i could afford back then. my friend made a pc and did not want to overclock so i told him to give me a 1600+ and i would trade him my 1900 that would not get 1740mhz stable.... if i would build my own personal pc now i would have it be a 1.6a or 2.26...

here is why Lian Lis are better:
1) Look better
2) Are very sturdy
3) Are made out of very nice aluminum that does not leave finger prints
4) Are VERY VERY light
5) Every part is removable
6) Everything has thumb screws
7) Built in no hassle rheobus
8)pre modded red and blue Leds
9) NO DRIVE RAILS (i absolutly HATE drive rails)
10) You need to admit this... REMOVABLE MOBO TRAY is the easiest and nicest thing and one of the main reasons to get a lianli
11) Alu dissapates heat better so therefor you get lower temps
12) If you are good at using a dremel (like myself) you can really do a lot of very cool modding very easily and quickly....
13)Front usb 2.0 built in

the list goes on and on

that is why IMO it is worth it for the price. sure i wish it was cheaper but i am willing to pay that much for those features

i really dont want this to turn into a flame war here so lets just leave it at that. everyone has different likes and dislikes and nobody can change that. true antec gives a lot of stuff for the money but the case still is not as high quality as lian lis... Lian Li has everything that the antec does but more. that is why i chose to pay for it.

btw the computer that is going in this is a Intel 2.0a :)

Only thing that a antec or a chieftec doent have is the removable drive tray and front USB.

You can get antec and look alikes with thumbscrews, made from aluminum, the aluminum are about 18 pounds, I disagree on the looks Lian li are just plain, and are no more sturdy than any other quality case, and also I like the drive rails personally.

I dont want to flame either, but the only thing you pointed out is the removable mobo tray, and USB. And I was under the impression not all Lian li cases came with a rheobus, I could be wrong.

yeah every single one in the PC 60 and PC 70 series do come with rheobuses. the "cheaper" Lian LI's that go for around $110-130 do not come with them

Thats stange, Im looking on Newegg and it says nothing about the rheobus on any of the 70 71 or 75. Nor do they show it in the pictures.

Also wanted to point out some of the Antec have front USB and Firewire ports.

Those are too much money. all they do is hold everything together. i have a Chiftec DX-01BD and i love it. it cost me $49 i love the drive rails because i can move things around in 2 seconds. The black one looks way better than almost any case have seen.

hey, Antec cases are not constructed worse or less sturdy than Lian-li.

Lian Li might have more features and already done mods, and be aluminum, but they are in no way better on a construction level than an Antec.

the SX-1040(b) is IMO the best (server) case out there.

i payed 120$ shipped for the case w/ the 3 yr. warranty, and the 400w smartpower PSU.

my only gripe with this case, and the Lian-li's only real advantage over this is the removable mobo tray. that would be soo nice:(

oh and agreed i would NEVER pay 170$ for just a case. thats robbery.

but if u have the money, enjoy the aluminum goodness, im not slamming Lian-li just saying they arent really "better" than antec.

Back