Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Jobs?

Jobs?

Ever since the thread with a lot of us folder's pics, I've been wondering: what do you do for jobs? I just like to get to know you guys better.
    I'll start: right now, I'm doing a little bit of construction, hopefully to be followed by a computer job here in town.

I fix broken water, hopefully followed by continued employment.
    I hope this signature isn't offensive to anyone.

Originally posted by Ploaf
    I fix broken water, hopefully followed by continued employment.
    Broken water?

currently employed at staples, but the half hour drive there and the half hour drive back suxors.. plus i get paid pennies.. not even.. half pennies.. starting my own buisness though.. gonna get serious, instead of just on the side like i have been the past couple 3 years..
    Intel i7-2600k
    ASUS P8P67 Pro
    G.SKILL Ripjaws-X 8GB DDR3
    Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    Corsair HX750 750w
    OCZ Agility 2 120GB SSD
    Cooler Master CM 690 II
    Logitech G710+ & G9x
    Dell U2713HM

Originally posted by CharlesHF
    Broken water?
    Your water is obviously not broken. I mean well water mostly. Iron/sulphur/extreme hardness removal, sterilization, etc. If you have problems with so much sulphur that it's eating through your pipes and you can smell it from 3 blocks away, or iron ruining everything in your house, or water so hard that soap doesn't work at all, or bacteria infestation so that you can't drink it or serve it to guests because they'll get sick then you have broken water.
    I hope this signature isn't offensive to anyone.

Originally posted by Ploaf

Your water is obviously not broken. I mean well water mostly. Iron/sulphur/extreme hardness removal, sterilization, etc. If you have problems with so much sulphur that it's eating through your pipes and you can smell it from 3 blocks away, or iron ruining everything in your house, or water so hard that soap doesn't work at all, or bacteria infestation so that you can't drink it or serve it to guests because they'll get sick then you have broken water.
    Aahhh....now I understand. Cool.

I work in the oilfield drilling industry as a Drilling Fluids Engineer, which requires me to work a 14 day on and 14 day off schedule. That's why I disappear from the forums for a couple of weeks at a time. I deal primarily with solids-laden, non-newtonian fluids of various densities mostly but occasoinally will run some brine water completion fluids, which are newtonian fluids. My job has helped tremendously in setting up my watercooled rig too.

muddocktor

Love slave to da man
    currently employed at a nursing home

hopefully followed by being employed at nursing home.

scoobiedoo

On a string I was held Senior NASsoccer's Avatar
    i work for a small college doing all their tech and network stuff(software and hardware) and am also the admin(which will hopefully lead to more folding comps) !! it is by far the most fun i have ever had at work.

i do everything from running cat6 and fiber to building comps to setting up networks from scratch.

honestly i would not have this job if it wasn't for overclockers... i learning just about everything i know from here and i am still learning. so a big thanks to everyone here!!!!!

NASsoccer: I used to have that same job, but at a bigger college, I loved it.

But, I'm currently unemployed

So, anyone in the Philadelphia area want to hire me

-Rav

+ Intel i860, i760, i530
    + I kill threads like a mass-murderer

I work at a plastics company,the dept I head makes the zipper for plastic bags,and the zippers we sell to outside customers like pinkerton for there Redman Chewing tobaco things like that.14 years and counting......
    <<< Avatar by Uber~PhLuBB, Thanks!
    Mod by shocker

F@H team 32 Member

I am a miller beer merchandiser.
    I go around to all the major grocery stores around my area and stock the shelves of the products the distrubitor I work for carries.
    Easy job for $10/h
    These products not tested on animals. But if you've got pets, and want to do your part for scientific inquiry...

How far over stock could an overclocker clock, if an overclocker could clock over stock?

Back in the days of the Greeks and Romans whenever the people where confronted with a single or chain of Destructive events on the Epic scale they took it as a sign of the gods displeasure with how things are going then promptly deposed (killed) the leader of the time.

AHHH the good ol' days :D

Originally posted by muddocktor
    I work in the oilfield drilling industry as a Drilling Fluids Engineer, which requires me to work a 14 day on and 14 day off schedule. That's why I disappear from the forums for a couple of weeks at a time. I deal primarily with solids-laden, non-newtonian fluids of various densities mostly but occasoinally will run some brine water completion fluids, which are newtonian fluids. My job has helped tremendously in setting up my watercooled rig too.

muddocktor
    Ahhh! Now I get your nic ...

I don't do anything quite so exciting. I work in a small company of DP experts, specializing in data conversion for large financial companies (insurance, credit cards, banks, etc.).

I'm the Manager of a Wholesale Htg and Air conditioning supplier. I'm currently managing the branch in Independence, Ky.
    So far, it has helped me in my designing of the refrigerated water cooling setup I'm in the works on
    E8400@3.4 w/ Apogee w/c
    Asus P5B Deluxe
    8gb pc2-6400 @ 475mhz 1:1 5,5,5,15
    Asus GTX570 DCII
    PC P&C 610w Silencer
    2 WD sata 3.0 raid array 0

My Heat

i work in an Architects Firm as a CAD operator, aka drafter or "plotboy" LOL.
    will go on for an education in Computing, most likely networking...any suggestion?
    e6400@3.5Ghz
    Asus Commando
    2Gb Corsair 8500C5D
    Leadtek 8800GTX
    Seasonic M12
    Samsung 226BW

My Heatware 51-0-0

Originally posted by Kato
    will go on for an education in Computing, most likely networking...any suggestion?
    My dad is a architect and a partner (one out of two) at his architecture firm.

Originally posted by Kato
    (1) Think long-term. Don't get caught up in what's hot at the moment. DP runs in cycles - up and down.

(2) Find something you really enjoy doing, even if it's not in computers.

(3) In networking (from what I'm told), diversity is the key. If you can learn MS and Novell and Cisco, you ARE all that.

Captain Random
    Senior Evil Genius

jobs

Night Security Guard at the Tx Ofiice of the Attorney General Child Support bldg. This from security in UT sororities and dorms only a year ago. Seeking PT employment at a local custom computer store... www.laboratorycomputers.com
    Folding.for.team.32.as.OC3d!
    i5 3570 @ 4.5 | 8GB | SSD | 5-disk Raid 0 | 660 Ti
    Folding User Stats

I work for a small telecom company. We make pre-paid phone cards and I setup and maintain the phone switch and install T-1 lines and stuff.

You ever use a pre-paid phone card? The voice prompt that tells you how much money you have left and how much time you can talk for? I program that as well.

I also have complete control of all the PCs in our office, hence the 12 Ghz of Folding power to date. Actually, I just added another 850 Mghz so it should be 12.4 Ghz.
    Last edited by chuckerants; 07-12-02 at 07:04 PM.
    Folding User Stats
    i7 920 D0 @ 3.8 @ 1.328v - Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R (rev. 1.0) - Prolimatech Megahalems push/pull - OCZ Gold 6GB RAM - HD6870 - Corsair TX750 - Antec 902 - Windows7 x64
    Heatware

Interesting workaholic background

I'm a midage fart still young at heart

What do I work on "scratch my head" Uh... Uh.. Let's see ..... I forgot can anybody repeat the question again j k/d

I started out as a carpenter, Residental electric tech, electronic tech (repair Amp,TV etc) salad preparer, Waiter, Concrete construction worker, Show biz electronic games technician, electronic technician (fix computer), CAD design engineer, Network System administrator this is the best one of all I have soooo.. much folding power yay !!! Looking forward to work on Computer geek shop or do nothing
    My Heatware
    Join fold on 6/29/02, wanna join team VGT 38156
    Fold don't you stop
    Fold till you drop
    Fold to the top
    Yee ha be-bop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast