• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jobs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
BigRed said:
I am a miller beer merchandiser. I go around to all the major grocery stores...

Wow, I still get a chuckle everytime I go to the states (or Quebec) and see beer in EVERY store!

Up here, we are only allowed to sell it in "The Beer Store" (thats seriously the name of them) or "The L.C.B.O." (Liqour Control Board of Ontario or something....).

Anyways, I juse find it amazing how easy it is to get beer in your country! :D I guess that means more work for you! ;) ;)

Anyways, I work for an Esso gas station. Self Serve. :D

Besides being a full time student?

Well I just finished working at my high school that I just graduated from teaching two classes to younger kids about computers and robotics. I also do computer repair work and all on the side. Worked in the Chemistry lab during school and got to mess around with chemicals and paid to do it :).

I'm looking for work right now, hopefully in the finance and investment field.

Anyone looking to hire a recent grad in Economics in the Vancouver area? ;)

Last edited:
I am a controls sytem engineer for a small engineering firm that specializes in steam and power plants. I do stuff like PLC programming and developing operator station graphics. My job requires that I travel to various jobsites to help startup the controls system.

new_novice said:
just got a new job as sysadmin :)

Hello buddy, same job description Eh! ;)
is your Folding name vinh? So I see now where all the power comming from. I also realize that I'm going to pass you soon if you don't hurry add more rig to the good cause. Kicking dirt preparing for a nice flat bed of sand :D

overdoze said:

Hello buddy, same job description Eh! ;)
is your Folding name vinh? So I see now where all the power comming from. I also realize that I'm going to pass you soon if you don't hurry add more rig to the good cause. Kicking dirt preparing for a nice flat bed of sand :D

You can go on and pass by, what got me started was the competition between OC and Rage, now that it's kinna quiet down the only thing left interesting was OC3d and Dutchies, so I transfer my new found power to them for now :) taking away all hope for Rage :) no second prizes :):D

I used ta not be able ta spel mechanic, now I is one :D

Im an auto mech/tech and partner in an independant auto repair shop. I do everything from A/C>MILS>SRS>ABS>TRAC>I/M Testing and repair. I get abused regularly since i also repair "problem childs" from other shops.

THIS IS NOT A JOB TO GO LOOKING FOR.. ITS A PITA!!!!

I've done a little of everything from security, health & safety, fire, ems, etc. Currently I am a part time night manager at a fast food joint and own my own small high performance car parts biz. and getting ready to start a "lan cafe" with one of my co workers. I also am slowly but surely making progress on completing my networking degree.:)

Wow. Thta's a large variety of different jobs. But I'm glad that we've all come together for our common cause of FOLDING!
Fold on!
:burn:

portorock said:
My Avatar says it all. And if it doesn't, I'm a Marine. Full time, and atleast for the next 14 years so I can retire at 39. Ain't that just sweet

It IS sweet. Getting a retirement check right after retiring, for the rest of your life, not waiting until you're 65. :D
BTW portorock---that's exactly what I want to do, except through Quantico. ;)

Re: I own a small web building company

CoolLion said:
Hence the 50 boxes i got folding.

sweet job coollion! about your scripts what exactly do you use them for??

portorock said:
My Avatar says it all. And if it doesn't, I'm a Marine. Full time, and atleast for the next 14 years so I can retire at 39. Ain't that just sweet

Thank you for your service, protecting my family and my nation. That's a big deal. :)

Currently a student of Economics at Concordia in Montreal.

Part-time I run a computer repair and diagnostic service, not very lucrative. Keeps me up to date with the latest hardware.

i work for my dad (awesome benefits!) in construstion, mainly tricky stuff (special trims, custom ceilings(he made a 3d race track on 1, just all the stuff that people cant do) that is what his company is known for (every1 knows him too, so that means every1 knows me...woohoo!), but we also do wood siding and all the pain in the @$$ stuff too, well it can be pretty hard work sometimes but its good for $10 an hour (like 50-60 h/w) but i hope to also work in a computer store or some kind of small electronics store during school (im gunna be a senior!)

Back