• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jobs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am a maintenance team leader for online business in Ohio. Lots of mechanical, electrical, and building maintenance to go along with developing databases, plc logic, and a work order system.

I am also starting a pc upgrade and new build business in Ohio because of reasons like this.

Last edited:
I'm the IT Director at a State Agency in S.C. Given that the computers are gov't property I sadly cannot use the 450+ systems at my disposal to fold. Given a 4 year life cycle, we may buy 100 2GHz processors this year that sit idle most of the day. My major apps are now ASP so there is not a lot of demand on the local cpu.

:(

Past "careers" include a stint as a Naval Flight Officer in the early '70's and a "Senior Engineer" with Digital Equipment Corp". Remember DEC? If you have a Nuclear power plant in you area, odds are that systems I wrote monitored the loading of the fuel rods and a friend designed and wrote the system that checked the weld integrity of the fuel rods.

Well, I am currently working as a psychiatric social worker.

walaka7 said:
THIS IS NOT A JOB TO GO LOOKING FOR.. ITS A PITA!!!!

I am sure that it is but if you only knew what I go through. Some days, I cannot tell if the administration is more looney that the clients. They gave me 15 grand to network the building and then took it away because they decided that they could save 2 grand by hiring an electrician to run the wires?!?

22 grand later, we have several computers that connect to the server ar a whopping 1 mb/minute. I kid you not!

Mr_Scrub said:
I'm the IT Director at a State Agency in S.C. Given that the computers are gov't property I sadly cannot use the 450+ systems at my disposal to fold. Given a 4 year life cycle, we may buy 100 2GHz processors this year that sit idle most of the day. My major apps are now ASP so there is not a lot of demand on the local cpu.

I hear you Mr_Scrub, I work for the govt. also and can't use the computers at work to do anything, kinna sad with all the security thing, once before they were doing seti but then policy came out and said that crunching is stealing from the govt so .....

deramp123

Well I am sorry, was the main system admin for the largest ISP over here until last month the company got into financial problems and fired three quarters of the staff. So if anybody's looking for an admin in europe let me know. On the side I have my own project studio that keeps me going for now. But it won't last that long at the pace my account is getting lower and lower ....

I am an attorney in an Intellectual Property law firm. I do litigation, but most of the other lawyers here do patents.

Back