• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hey ras, post it here.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Maxvla said:

on that note... has anyone ever gotten a 100% o/c on a 1.6a?

Yeah, I was up to 2.75 ghz on air without needing the wire volt mod! I had a great chip.....:D Then I sold my best friend and got the 2.26b.

just think ras if you weren't so eager to get to 3ghz you coulda waited and given your chip to jd in exchange for his... so that right about now he would've done the wire mod and be at 3ghz!!!! But no you HAD to sell that thing! :rolleyes:

Darryl_D said:
just think ras if you weren't so eager to get to 3ghz you coulda waited and given your chip to jd in exchange for his... so that right about now he would've done the wire mod and be at 3ghz!!!! But no you HAD to sell that thing! :rolleyes:

It's okay. I'm happy having my 2.26b when being one of the first members of "DD's 3 ghz MAFIA!":D

Darryl_D said:

COURSE THEY HAVE!!! Before Rasputin's Liver (wtf man you need a new name) sold his 1.6a it was at 2.7ghz.... CS hawkeye had his chip up to 2.9 ghz at a point (i think...) currently on my 1.8a system i have it at 2.9ghz myself!

OK boys, lets do some math.

100% of 1.6ghz = 1.6ghz

so a 100% OC of a 1.6a is........3.2ghz.

for those who use DDR that would mean a 200fsb at 1/1 divesor.

mica

micamica1217 said:

OK boys, lets do some math.

100% of 1.6ghz = 1.6ghz

so a 100% OC of a 1.6a is........3.2ghz.

for those who use DDR that would mean a 200fsb at 1/1 divesor.

mica

ooops!:eek:

We are dummies, aren't we. thanks for clearing that up. i was always very happy with my 1 ghz oc, but never doubled the speed. You're right!:) :) :eek:

Rasputin'sLiver said:

ooops!:eek:

We are dummies, aren't we. thanks for clearing that up. i was always very happy with my 1 ghz oc, but never doubled the speed. You're right!:) :) :eek:

the day must have been long, and the kids are probably jumping up and down on your head.

all is good.

mica

Darryl_D said:

COURSE THEY HAVE!!! Before Rasputin's Liver (wtf man you need a new name) sold his 1.6a it was at 2.7ghz.... CS hawkeye had his chip up to 2.9 ghz at a point (i think...) currently on my 1.8a system i have it at 2.9ghz myself!
and just think, you all got rid of your highly overclockable chip for these 2.26b's, dont get me wrong, awesome chips, but are less overclockable.:( you guys are only overclocking the chips 750 mhz:( and thats lousy, anyone can do that in their sleep, depending on the chip. a real challange would be for you guys with the 2.26b chips to get 2.2a's and overclock them 750 mhz, now thats tough. further more, im not downing you guys, but there is only one person here with a real nice overclock with a 2.26b, and he is at 3200+, now a gig and beyond, thats overclocking.:D i have to ask myself a serious question, do i want to be in the 3 gig club so bad to spend another $249 on the chip for 750 mhz, or do i wanna keep my 1.6a that is at a 1 gig overclock right now? decisions, decisions.:cool:

jdmcnudgent said:
i have to ask myself a serious question, do i want to be in the 3 gig club so bad to spend another $249 on the chip for 750 mhz, or do i wanna keep my 1.6a that is at a 1 gig overclock right now? decisions, decisions.:cool:

Oh, you're absolutely right! I only made the move because I was abale to sell my whole rig a couple of weeks ago with a couple hundred dollars to spare that I put into the 2.26b. I was very happy with the 1.6a at the time!:D In a lotta ways i still miss that 1.6a. Mine was a 3/26/02 and that was a very good birthday for that chip as you know, jd.:beer:

jdmcnudgent said:
and just think, you all got rid of your highly overclockable chip for these 2.26b's, dont get me wrong, awesome chips, but are less overclockable.:( you guys are only overclocking the chips 750 mhz:( and thats lousy, anyone can do that in their sleep, depending on the chip. a real challange would be for you guys with the 2.26b chips to get 2.2a's and overclock them 750 mhz, now thats tough. further more, im not downing you guys, but there is only one person here with a real nice overclock with a 2.26b, and he is at 3200+, now a gig and beyond, thats overclocking.:D i have to ask myself a serious question, do i want to be in the 3 gig club so bad to spend another $249 on the chip for 750 mhz, or do i wanna keep my 1.6a that is at a 1 gig overclock right now? decisions, decisions.:cool:

Since I ever got my BD7II with DDR3200 I'm stuck "STABLE" @ 2.9Ghz with my 2.2A .. used to be @ 3.2Giga with PC2700 .. /me sighs! ..

http://mwvision.com/benchmark/2.9northy.jpg

JudgeDredd said:
And it has something that lets you wire wrap easier?

It's easier because all you have to do is *paint* a line over a few contacts on the socket instead of trying to tie a thin wire over pins that are almost too difficult to see with the naked eye.:D

Rasputin'sLiver said:

Pacino - is that the corsair 3200? The xms 3000 is great stuff, I had a lot of trouble ocing the xms 3200. it wasn't nearly as good as the xms 3000!:eek:

Noppers, Kingmax 3200 .. Gettin' XMS 3000 Corsair sometimes next week, I'll give it another shot.. I know my chip will do 3Ghz+ .. bah!

pacino said:

Noppers, Kingmax 3200 .. Gettin' XMS 3000 Corsair sometimes next week, I'll give it another shot.. I know my chip will do 3Ghz+ .. bah!
hey pac, you need to set the divider on your bd7II to 3:4, instead of 1:1, you will get alot better mem scores, unless your kingmax wont do it.:( this is a mem shot with my consair 3000, with the divider set at 3:4 on the bd7II, it is nice.:D and this is only at 140 fsb.:eek:

pacino said:

Oh yeah! kingmax hasn't been overclocking well for us Intel guys. nobody is having any luck over here with it although some amd guys swear by the stuff....

the corsair xms3000 will put you back on track!:D

Rasputin'sLiver said:

Oh yeah! kingmax hasn't been overclocking well for us Intel guys. nobody is having any luck over here with it although some amd guys swear by the stuff....

aint that the truth.:D i am still having a problem with the wire mod, i just tried for 1.85, and the wire was wrapped so tight, and it didnt take:( i will go to krogers tonight and look for the defogger kit.:D and try again tomorrow.:cool:

Rasputin'sLiver said:

JD and Ras, Thanks :) .. Yep, tried 3:4 .. 4:3 .. whatever I do, it's stuck @ 2000 pts benchie #@(&#@$(%&#$*#$(%^*(*... I'll see what will Corsair gimme... I'll keep ya guys posted tho' ..

pacino said:

JD and Ras, Thanks :) .. Yep, tried 3:4 .. 4:3 .. whatever I do, it's stuck @ 2000 pts benchie #@(&#@$(%&#$*#$(%^*(*... I'll see what will Corsair gimme... I'll keep ya guys posted tho' ..

good luck!:)

pacino said:

cool.:cool: kingmax had its day, but i think that its gone. i think this consair is the best stick of ddr i have ever owned. and im glad i listened to ras and mica and went with the 3000, instead of the 3200. dont get the 3200, the 3000 is at cas2 stock and is alot better than the 3200.:D

jdmcnudgent said:
aint that the truth.:D i am still having a problem with the wire mod, i just tried for 1.85, and the wire was wrapped so tight, and it didnt take:( i will go to krogers tonight and look for the defogger kit.:D and try again tomorrow.:cool:

I think you gotta be lucky to get the darn wire to stay on while you're putting it in the socket. The first time I did it it fell off. Its probably still in the case somewhere lol! The second time I held the wire tightly with one finger against the side of the chip and was determined to not let go of it until the chip was safely in place. Then luck came into play. JD, at first I thought it didn't work but it did. The bios doesn't look any different, you can't tell from that. The truth lies in the voltages showing when you load a diagnostic program to read your voltages in windows. Watch out for that because it fooled me at first. I thought it failed but it worked!!!!!:eek:

Back