• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hey ras, post it here.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well buddie, i think this sucker has reached its limit.:( just under 2700. i am going to call the place i got the mobo tomorrow and ask about exchanging it, the voltage drop is very bad. i will either get a new one or a asus p4b533 board.:D i think that it has to do with the mem voltage drop too. i have it set at 2.7 in the bios, and im only at 168 fsb. shouldnt i be able to run at default voltage up to like 180 fsb?

I got up to 2.75ghz at 1:1, without great stability. You're about where I was last able to run stable, man. You're really not doing as bad as you think! Your chip is behaving exactly like mine did... it was also a 3/26/02 pack date.:)

hey jd don't feel bad! you tried and that's all that really matters! I mean look at how many different times and setups it took ras and hawkeye to finaly get a chip that would hit 3ghz! All you need is a better chip (maybe try a 1.8A) or if your just dying to hit 3ghz... do a volt mod on your 2.0a and give it 2.1volts in order to hit 3ghz (just for the benchies i mean.... that's all you really want 3ghz for isn't it?) and then as soon as that's done bring it back down to how many volts you have it at right now! At least that is what i would try to do!

Back