• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hey ras, post it here.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Rasputin'sLiver said:
sorry man. didn't notice your thread until now, but I think you got it already right?

How's it working out?:D
yeah, got it.:D i need to pin mod the chip before i can see any real results. i attempted it today foe 1.8, and it failed, so later when i get some time, ill try again.:D

jdmcnudgent said:
yeah, got it.:D i need to pin mod the chip before i can see any real results. i attempted it today foe 1.8, and it failed, so later when i get some time, ill try again.:D

which way are you going? wire or defroster? either way, good luck and remember that i had dd reserve a place for you in his 3ghz mafia:D

jdmcnudgent said:
im doing the wire mod, i cant find the defogger kit anywhere around here.:(

you'll get it done with the wire. your advice to me was great -- one strand of speaker wire wrapped tight. i pre-tightened it sort of like a noose, crimped the noose end closed as much as possible (kinda shaped like the eye of a needle when it finally worked) I "threaded the needle" with the 2 pins, and then the hard part was twisting it even a little tighter and keeping it on the pins......Arggghhhhhh! it took me at least an hour and one failed install before i got it right. hang in there!:)

on this note when I get my 2.26B which method should I use? (asuming that it needs it :D) I already have a defoger kit and something like 250+ feet of monster cable...

Either way work better? if not then which is easier...

Brian

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT :mad: :mad: :mad: WTF are you guys talking about?? DID JD get a 2.26B???? IS HE DOING IT IS HE TRYING TO HIT 3GHZ!!!! MORE IMPORTANTLY IS HE EVAPORATING THE CHIP!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i knew it! JD was conspiring against me all along! that's it i'm going to vid pin mod my chip now too! And when i do we'll see how far i can take it past 3017mhz MWHAHAHAHAHA!!! JD good luck! Hope your chip doesn't burn out forcing you to RMA it and delaying you to 3ghz :p (doesn't it feel nice to know you have my support ;))

Darryl_D said:
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WTF are you guys talking about?? DID JD get a 2.26B???? IS HE DOING IT IS HE TRYING TO HIT 3GHZ!!!! MORE IMPORTANTLY IS HE EVAPORATING THE CHIP!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i knew it! JD was conspiring against me all along! that's it i'm going to vid pin mod my chip now too! And when i do we'll see how far i can take it past 3017mhz MWHAHAHAHAHA!!! JD good luck! Hope your chip doesn't burn out forcing you to RMA it and delaying you to 3ghz :p (doesn't it feel nice to know you have my support ;))
hey son, no i didnt get a 2.26b, i am trying to get to 3.0 gig the hard way, 1.6a:D i missed on the pin mod again.:( will try again tomorrow.:D i got 437 mhz to go:p , and no, i am not using the vapo right now, im on air, thats right air. thank god im not using the vapo, because everytime i mess up on the wire mod, it is a pain in the *** to take off the evaporator. btw, the ram i got is phenominal, it kicks ***.

Wow, good luck on that! If you hit 3 GHz on that 1.6A, you'll be the leader of the mafia, cause you paid about $100-150 less and got the same speeds. :cool:

Wallacebw said:
on this note when I get my 2.26B which method should I use? (asuming that it needs it :D) I already have a defoger kit and something like 250+ feet of monster cable...

Either way work better? if not then which is easier...

Brian

I did the wire vid mod, but if you can get the defogger kit that seems to be an easier method. Both work equally well.:)

Rasputin'sLiver said:

I did the wire vid mod, but if you can get the defogger kit that seems to be an easier method. Both work equally well.:)

I agree.

I tryed two times to get the pin methed to work...still no good.

I was like "this is just crazy,I have defogger kit from my amd days."

first try worked...I got more than 2.0v at the ready.
It was just too easy.:cool:

mica

micamica1217 said:

I agree.

I tryed two times to get the pin methed to work...still no good.

I was like "this is just crazy,I have defogger kit from my amd days."

first try worked...I got more than 2.0v at the ready.
It was just too easy.:cool:

mica

mica, that wire trick was hard! It worked out for me after a couple of tries, but before I had those couple of tries I had a tough time roping the stupid pins with the wire and making it stay. Took over an hour to get it to work but it's working great now! I did the wire method because I had wire in the house and didn't have to mess with tracking down a defogger kit but it sure would have been easier with the defogger from what you're telling me.:)

Rasputin'sLiver said:

mica, that wire trick was hard! It worked out for me after a couple of tries, but before I had those couple of tries I had a tough time roping the stupid pins with the wire and making it stay. Took over an hour to get it to work but it's working great now! I did the wire method because I had wire in the house and didn't have to mess with tracking down a defogger kit but it sure would have been easier with the defogger from what you're telling me.:)

hell, I never took the mobo out...and did not need laser eye surgery.:p

mica

JudgeDredd said:
Wow, good luck on that! If you hit 3 GHz on that 1.6A, you'll be the leader of the mafia, cause you paid about $100-150 less and got the same speeds. :cool:
on that note... has anyone ever gotten a 100% o/c on a 1.6a?

JudgeDredd said:
Can someone explain this "defogger kit" please? I'm a little bit confused... :(

used for a car...."rear window defogger repair kit".

can be perchased at any auto supply store.

look here

hope this helps.

micamica1217

Quoted from Maxvla
on that note... has anyone ever gotten a 100% o/c on a 1.6a?

COURSE THEY HAVE!!! Before Rasputin's Liver (wtf man you need a new name) sold his 1.6a it was at 2.7ghz.... CS hawkeye had his chip up to 2.9 ghz at a point (i think...) currently on my 1.8a system i have it at 2.9ghz myself!

Back