• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stupid cpu shim

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
why would anyone want to pay for more if you could get a replacement for free? if the company doesnt relize you broke it than it is their fault.

i have messed up motherboards myself trying to mod them and when they broke i just sent it back and said it was defective. got total refund and everything. they could have very well said this was caused by you but they didnt.

sucks for them not for me.

The reason I have a 1600+ is that when I got my 1800+, I dropped a screwdriver on the core. I bought OEM Grey Market (REALLY CHEAP 1800+), so I had no warranty. I called AMD, and they said they would do a 1 time customer satisfaction exchange. I would get a 1600+, without a warranty. Then they asked me if it had any defects (he even added, "maybe a little burning?"). I though that was kind of funny. I told him it had a chip in the top right corner of the die, but it had always been there and that might be the problem. So I have a 1600+, even though I really should have paid for it. Didn't even think of the morality when I did it. All i wanted was for my new computer to work

by lookin at your sig i think you need to invest in either a agoia or aroia so you can get more than a 100mhz oc :)

they aint gonna be around forever

Emericana said:
why would anyone want to pay for more if you could get a replacement for free? if the company doesnt relize you broke it than it is their fault.

i have messed up motherboards myself trying to mod them and when they broke i just sent it back and said it was defective. got total refund and everything. they could have very well said this was caused by you but they didnt.

sucks for them not for me.

I'm trying to team up with nihili to write something that will silence all you legal naysayers.

*waves fist angrily* I'll show you! I'll show you ALL!

Emericana said:
by lookin at your sig i think you need to invest in either a agoia or aroia so you can get more than a 100mhz oc :)

they aint gonna be around forever

i have no idea what my stepping is, i dinsn't check, and im not removing my HSF to check. I'm no where near my cpu limit though. im just getting too hot and will leave it until i WC. Hopefully before the end of this summer. I haven't even upped my voltage yet. It's giving no problems 100% stable

Back