• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is upped vio killing everything?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flaming gerbil

i recently upgraded to a asus-cusl2c from an asus cubx440. i upped the 440's voltage w/ the jumper. i don't remember the exact increase but i think it was 3.45v to 3.65v. the cusl2-c voltage has not been increased. after i transferred the components about 2 weeks later my hard drive failed. i took it to a data recovery place and they said it was toast. i lost everything. then about 3 weeks later my cd rom failed. i've since installed 2 new hard drives and a cdr. they've been working fine for about 3 months. the cubx was overclocked to a 124 fsb w/ a p3 800 @992. motherboard temps were about 23c-29c and cpu was 14c-36c under load. the cusl2c is currently overclocked to 877 with a 117 fasb. did the upped voltage damage my cd rom and hard drive? it seems they should be able to handle a 124 fsb and the ambient temperatures weren's that high. i've seen plenty of people on this sight with upped motherboard voltages. if this is the case it seems to me that offering advice about upping motherboard voltages isn't really a good thing to do. this sucks. anyhow i don't to mean to be so negative i just want to figure out what i'm doing wrong. thanks to anyone who may reply.

Back