• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Dremel Guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Doc_Skurlock said:
Anyone know how to repair a dremel? I burned mine out, I think, tearing apart a plastic model. I was having some fun, trying to cut cool grooves into this B-25 Liberator Model I had and the thing started whining and then wouldn't work right. I tried it the other day, just ran it and it ran fine, but I'm worried. Should I get a new one? Should I put this in the TrashHeap in the Sky? Also, where do yall get your dremels? I got mine at Lowes. Just wondering if they are cheaper anywhere else.:burn:

lol i heard a POP in mine lol my cousens are really good friends with Mr. dremel(lives next door) so ya thats where i got mine

I kinda got a free dremel from my uncle. I'm just borrowing it, but he doesn't need it (he let me borrow it NEW, just the box was opened... the insides were untouched)...

I got a queston... I was usin my dremel to cut... after a while of cutting, i was about to cut a little of the last grill. I was half-way through, and then the dremel sped up to FULL SPEED, I was at 5 out of 10... and then I turned it off. turned it back on, went back full speed. Overheating mechanism? Every time, if I just let it cool down for a few minutes it would start fine again

SolidxSnake said:
I kinda got a free dremel from my uncle. I'm just borrowing it, but he doesn't need it (he let me borrow it NEW, just the box was opened... the insides were untouched)...

I got a queston... I was usin my dremel to cut... after a while of cutting, i was about to cut a little of the last grill. I was half-way through, and then the dremel sped up to FULL SPEED, I was at 5 out of 10... and then I turned it off. turned it back on, went back full speed. Overheating mechanism? Every time, if I just let it cool down for a few minutes it would start fine again

Whoa! Weird, I just have a 2speed, nothing like that has happened to me.

jesse said:
Whoa! Weird, I just have a 2speed, nothing like that has happened to me.

He figured it was probably the overheating mechanism kicking in to cool it. Your's probably doesn't do it because it's too old or 'stupid'.

woo hoo , i think that dremel guide may save my life - if u check out the link in my sig birth of ??? you will see the type of design i have to cut out and cut off wheels just dont do it for this job!! i hope i can find something that will let me do it right.

I posted a thread about how to etch with a dremel last year or so:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=315709&highlight=dremel+etching

It needs the pictures re-linked, but it was pretty detailed.

NCBaller1985 and myself used to be really into this stuff not to long before I posted that guide. His stuff is truely amazing compared to my own though.

Here's the etch I have on the front panel of my second computer (Haxor-Jr.), which was my yearly project of 2005.

finished2.JPG

Last edited:
Back