• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Iwill KA266-R prob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blammo300

Registered
Last night I recieved my new heatsink and so I tried to put it on. After I put it on my system started to make long beeping noises. So I put the old heatsink on and it still makes the beep noise. I am not really sure what I did, I did not change around any setting on the board itself. I have taken out the RAM and graphics card and reseated them numerous times. When I do take out the RAM aand turn it on it does not make the beep which is wierd. And I do know that my ram is in all the way. I think I may have messed up the motherboard somehow when I put the new heatsink on.

AMD Tbird 1.4
Iwill KA266-R
512 Crucial DDR PC2100
Gladiac Geforce 2 GTS 32meg

Take the board out of the case, support the backside of the board (i.e. cardboard), and push the Ram in until it locks in.
Hey Da Whip,
My system is pretty close to yours.
What temps are you running?
47c CPU/33c case idle
Vcore 1.85/Vmem 2.7
Iwill KA266-R motherboard BIOS V 1.3
512m of Generic PC-2100 DDR Ram
2 IBM 40g HD’s in RAID 0 w/active cooling
60g Maxtor on IDE 3 (ATA100 controller card)
Pioneer DVD-116 on IDE 4 (ATA100 controller card)
Lite On 32/12/40 CD-RW on IDE 0
Plextor 16/10/40 CD-RW on IDE 1
PNY GeForce4 MX-420 64m AGP video card
SoundBlaster Live! Value
3Com 56k modem
Linksys LAN w/cable internet
Antec SOHO Server case.
4 80mm case fans (plus power supply fan)

Well I bought a new motherboard, a MSI KT3 Ultra ARU and I am very pleased with it so far. None of that infamous RAM slot problems that the KA266 had. I am goign to try and send the KA266 back because I am sure the it wasnt just the RAM.

Back