• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dremel Cutting! And Fan whole Cutting!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Biohazard

Disabled
Ok im gonna get a dremel and cut somthing into my Chietec Case wen i get it!

Ok so i have a Dremel! any special blade thats good for cutting Cases??
And should i cut from outside in or inside out? Is there a quide??

And how do i make a perfect whole! i saw some one used a thing for a drill! A round think! can some one Spec me more on that and is there a quide out there for that to?

Fishy is absolutly right with the Hole Saw being perfect for perfect fan holes.

As far as the dremel goes...just get the "reinforced" cutoff disks..there about $4-6 for 5 or 6 , its been a while since i bought any so i cant remember exactly

Biohazard said:
thats it?? no quides?

You mean "guides" I take it. Did you read the stickies. There really is not that much you need to know. Its pretty basic stuff. Learn as you go.

I presume that you will be cutting into your steel side panel?
Well the best alternative would probably be with the hole saw. Not to say that it is impossible to do it with any other tool. For mine I used a Rotozip. With the circular tool that it supplies the smallest hole you can make is probably around 8.5. With some adjustments you can make a 80 mm hole.

I figure you want to use the dremel since it you just bought it. if you decide to take the advise and use cut off wheels, buy them in the cutoff wheel set, which is worth it because it supplies you with I think 56 different wheels in 5 different varieties for just 10$.

i guarantee with the cutoff wheels, that it will be very hard to make a perfect clean circle, so good luck?

For mine I used a Rotozip. With the circular tool that it supplies the smallest hole you can make is probably around 8.5. With some adjustments you can make a 80 mm hole.

trdsw20 what bit do you use for cutting the steel case? none of them say they can do it... or is it just a matter of them wearing out faster but working fine...?

Back