• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

video editing program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daddyof2

I am looking for a good freeware program. I would like it to have a timeline with drag and drop options. I have several videos and would like to be able to add pictures inbetween the clips. The ability to add background music would be a nice plus. I am making a video of my boys for my wife as part of her anniversary. Any help on this would be great!!!!!!!!!!

program

You could try Jasc Animation shop. It's a free 30-day trial and you can find it on cnet.com Not sure if it can do everyting you need, but I think it can.

How about window movie maker that comes with xp? I know you can download some freebies to make background music and such

I was wondoring the same thing can you do that stuff in windows movie maker, add sildes, music, add a frame, pull out a frame...

if you can not do that in windows moive maker. what can you do it on.

daddyof2 said:
I am looking for a good freeware program. I would like it to have a timeline with drag and drop options. I have several videos and would like to be able to add pictures inbetween the clips. The ability to add background music would be a nice plus. I am making a video of my boys for my wife as part of her anniversary. Any help on this would be great!!!!!!!!!!
Take a look, Virtual Edit / PersonalStudio

Last edited:
windows movie maker does all of the things that i wanted but i dont like xp. Is there a version for 98? I am gonna try the virtual edit. Thanks for the replys. :D

mee to

Mee too! i´m looking for some to deit some traqueal intubations for a univ work... Would just like to ad titles rearrange the sound and dam make smaller my pccam300 files!!! Using it plugged on the computer it can be set to make the video compressed at different qualities and there´s almos no decrease in video quality with 2-3 times smaller file than the video made with it on the walk... But these are too muck bir... Donpt want to work with 25mb videos inside html pages alocated in a cdrom... Even with a cdrom 25mb is not a fast loading file... :eek: I´m testing several... Any goodie I find I´ll post Ok?! Please tell me what you found too... Thanks!
;)

im also looking for a video editing software ive tried a bunch already but i cant find one that you can edit avi's that are in divx format i tried some editing software but it says that it cant uncompress the file.

Personal studio

I´ve downaloaded this one... But itt asks for the quicktime video instaled..... I isntaled the 3.0 i had laying arround inside a cd... But it didin´t work... Downloading the latest to see if than it works... Huuuf... Last week I downloaded the 3dmark2001SE-zilla (40 meg :eek: ) just to discover i need the directx8.1.... I just downloaded and instaled the 8.0 15 days ago! tham, there I go again.... Downloading, downloading, downloading... with a creepy modem connection... Can´t bear the ing... ing... ing... downloading , installing , uninstalling , testing , seraching again... :eh?: Just want to edit a video!!!
Please, the first of us here interested in that kind of software that can find a decent one, don´t forget to post here hah!!!
:D

Back