• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V333 - Known bugs/glitches

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxima88

I'd like to know what I can expect when I install my motherboard tomorrow.

Please tell me your experiences with this mobo. Good and bad.
Thanks. :)

Personally I've had ZERO problems with this board (it is the non raid version perhaps that's why?) I dropped a new cpu and ram and threw in all my components from my old system into the a7v333 and booted her up and it was golden! I didn't even have to reformat the HD! it's stable as a rock for me and it overclocks like a beast! my only gripe is that the northbridge should have been actively cooled, seeing as when using high fsb's (like above 166) if your ambients are high the mobo temp can reach up to 38-41c!, oh and read the manual to set up some of the jumpers that you will need to have a look at like; onboard sound, usb2.0, firewire etc.

I have had no problems with my A7V333, non-raid version. I use the Jumper Free option and set everything through the BIOS. You can remove the passive cooler on the NB in favor of active cooloing.

Thanks for the responses.

How about the bios settings? There seem to be hundreds of settings. I need help in determining the settings I need
to get the best performance.

I've also had a good experience with the A7V333. It booted up fine when I built it and has been quite stable. For BIOS settings, you might want to set the RAM timings to the most aggressive settings, if you have decent quality RAM. You can do this by using the "system performance" setting, and changing the settings from optimal to turbo. One thing about the BIOS, I've heard that its not a good idea to update with the update program that comes on the driver disk. Apparently it managed to kill some people's boards. I dont know if this is still a problem, if someone has tried it successfully, then please say so. I was too chicken to update because of what I had heard, so I have yet to flash the BIOS, but its been running fine with the version it came with.

Ya i just bought one yesterday the A7V-333 and i used the online flash utility with no probs either extremely happy with this mobo slapped a xp2100 in along with 512 mg ddr sdram 2700 and im a jammin.

Hi Guys

Are there any known issues with this board (latency/sound) as with the KT266E chipset on other boards?

Acko

if your not using raid, consult your mobo manual to find the jumpers that turn off the raid controller, that should fix your problem!

Acko said:
Hi Guys

Are there any known issues with this board (latency/sound) as with the KT266E chipset on other boards?

Acko

Probally not. This board uses the KT333 chipset.

I had an awful iPanel, audio, and southbridge conflict. Whenever the iPanel updated its info it made the sound stutter. Took me a week and a reformat 2 find the d@mn problem. the chipset is notorious for conflicts like that.

I agree that all the setting are bewildering. I left what i didnt know and focused on tweaking

1. first my memory settings. got my samsung pc2700 cl2.5 to do
2-3-2-5 in cmos. also placed it into turbo mode
2. increased the video settings
3. then started increasing the fsb by 2 until it failed to boot, increased the voltage, and carried on that way.

I still dont know what the settings s2k,dqs etcare all about.

hi all

Firstly i have this board and find it excellant! but it is my second the first being the NON raid version which when i used the online flash utility killed my mobo !!!

So sent it back got a replacement but this time i paid the extra for raid ! and only use the (bios) flashing program now wont risk the online one anymore,

I have bios version 1007 the bios before that overheated my CPU due to Q-FAN being ENABLED! which was buggy! so in 1007 i have q-fan DISABLED! and not tryed it...

Aslo CPU C.O.P worked and shutdown my computer BEFORE it fried my cpu!!! that was nice and a very nice safe gaurd that works i can vouch for that (no more dead cpu's)!

but on boot had to hold delete key while pressing power button booting to got it to default load, otherwise it wound not boot at all!!!

but besides that i am well impreesed!

on the ipanel it updates every 8 secs or what you set it in the bios and makes your comper stutter but just use it for testing! then turn it off, but ipanel works fine! i have the DELUXE model.

hope this helps you...

first off turn off the computer! I would apply some arctic silver, 1,2or3 will suffice, and reseat the heatsink, make sure it's on correct and that the fan is spinning, if that fails to make your cpu cooler, I would talk to your retailer about getting a new board, becuase that would sound like a broken temp gauge, also are you getting random shutoffs?

Back