• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GF2 MX OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

samuknow

I have been messing aroung with OCing my GF2 MX 400. I installed 1260 drivers and coolbits. I got it up to 215/175 with nVidia controls. I installed powerstrip and got it up to 215/205. (any higher it locks up.)
The nVidia controls will not go any higher than 175 mem speed. PS seems a little buggy even at the 200/175 speed. So I know it's not the card that is unstable.
Is there a way to get the nVidia drivers to go higher for the mem speed?

I never had any problems with nvidia and using coolbits to overclock.

I also never used the 12.60 drivers. I have used the 12.00 and 12.90 drivers for overclocking and had no problems.

Well it is prolly just bad luck, some card are great OCers, some are medium, and some are crap :)

I guess its just luck of the draw....

The card over clocks fine. I can get it to 215 core 205 mem and run Q3 for hours stable. This is with power strip. The problem is that the slider in the nVidia driver adjustment tops out at 175. That is the end of it. Is there a way to tweak the reg to get it to go higher.....

Pinky (Jul 21, 2001 06:27 p.m.):

I also never used the 12.60 drivers. I have used the 12.00 and 12.90 drivers for overclocking and had no problems.

Hey Pinky, Where did you get the 12.90 drivers?

Yes. I used PowerStrip and got it up to 215/205. Ran great.

However the program hung up on me a couple of times. (stopped responding.) Is there a newer version or something? I would rather use the nVidia controls if possible......

samuknow (Jul 21, 2001 10:39 p.m.):

I can e-mail them to you

TranceBear (Jul 22, 2001 04:24 a.m.):
samuknow (Jul 21, 2001 10:39 p.m.):

I can e-mail them to you

Very cool, Thanks..........

I will try that other program too.........

Power strip seemed a little buggy to me. NVMax seems to have more options and seems to run more stable.

I am going to try a few other driver releases.

The funny thing is, I set NVMax to 200 mem and now coolbits is set to the same thing. I just don't get it. I'm thinking there is only a certain percentage allowed by coolbits and the fact that the default mem speed was so low is why I could only get it so high......

Ok, I used NVMax and all is great. I also tried Rivia Tuner. This is cool because there is not an actual program running. It is just an interface to tweak the registry. After the adjustments are made I can close the panel and nothing is running. This if the fastest and most stable this thing has been. I am also using the 12.90 drivers.

I appreciate everyones help.

Thanks

Back