• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

radeon drivers....... which ones???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LP9

Can someone please give me some advice on which drivers are the best for the radeon 64 vivo,,, thanks for all your help,,, in some of my past experiences it seems that the new drivers that are out for some products are not neccessarily the best
p.s. this is my first ATI product

thanks again :)

I use the old 7075's because I haven't seen anything to substantiate taking a chance on changing. But mostly I just hate changing my driver's for video cards. Such a pain.

Hey "Harderclock", I don't think your like goes anywhere. Could be my computer though.

LP9 (Jul 22, 2001 01:53 a.m.):
Can someone please give me some advice on which drivers are the best for the radeon 64 vivo,,, thanks for all your help,,, in some of my past experiences it seems that the new drivers that are out for some products are not neccessarily the best
p.s. this is my first ATI product

thanks again :)

Hello...... I've had great success using the 7075 official and the 7153 betas. Both are very fast if your looking for quality I would suggest the 7153( they just look nicer to me). With the 7075 I get an average of 100 points in 3dmark2001 over the 7153. I just downloaded Omegadrives Radeon dvr ( the guys over at Rage3d say they gain 100 points over the 7075) but I haven't installed them yet. Check out rage3d forums for Radeon info you won't be sorry.

I stick with noting but ATI drives. All of the beta drivers out there cause STOP errors on my machine. Most of them have been DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE errors.

The Radeon is such a solid performer, I don't care about a few extra points coming from a program that is optimized for a GForce (3D Mark 2001 in case your wondering).

I also use the VIVO quite often to put videos on CDROM so I can't afford problems with the VIVO and I have had some troubles with the some of the third party drivers there also.

Im using the ones off this site right now... http://www.omegacorner.com/ .
The 2 Radeon drivers are linked right on the front page. Both the W2k and the Win98 drivers are a combo of several fast drivers of the betas, take the best parts of each, and combining them into a set. IVe tried both drivers for both W2k and 98 and had good luck with both.

Raged3d.com is another place for standard betas and official drivers.
AKDUDE

Back