• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

americas army just stoped working for me:)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phantom punisher

weirdest thing ive seen in awhile. it was working and then i installed another operation system and hadnt been back to this one(the one with the desktop icon:) ). anyhow i get this prob:
Assertion failed: RenDev [File:C:\fireteam\WinDrv\Src\WinViewport.cpp] [Line: 450]

History: UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

so i uninstalled and reinstalled. same thing. strange no driver updates or anything. just seems to have decided to not like my set up either

Yea the same kind of thing is happening to me, i'll try and join a Bridge server and it will load the game and then GPF to the desktop. :mad: It only does it when I enter a Bridge server though. No big deal I guess, Headquarters RAID for me I guess.

hmmm i finally gave up on that game, after a fresh install i can play 4 or 5 games with no problems then it starts locking up 50% of the time or so.

JeffnNetti said:
hmmm i finally gave up on that game, after a fresh install i can play 4 or 5 games with no problems then it starts locking up 50% of the time or so.

I had that same problem with Unreal Tournament Demo 3.48. I could play for about 6 hours LAN and then my host machine would start randomly locking. The only fix was to either reinstall or live with it; it stopped after I got the full game so I guess they patched it. As I’m sure the America’s Army team will patch it.

By the way, AA:O Recon runs on the UT2k3 engine so it is conceivable that it’s the same exact problem that was in UT.

i would hate to reinstall it everyday just to be able to play hehe. ofcourse i have no idea on where to even start as far as fixing it :)

It’s probably a problem that will have to be fixed via a patch. You might try messing with your video card settings or maybe upgrading your drivers completely. You might also send a bug report to the AA:O team to make sure that the problem is fixed in the next version of the game. If it’s a common problem then you might find the answer at the AA:O Forums.

Good luck!

oh this is awsome. wait tell you hear the fix. finaly had the time to find it. here it is:

* Go to the START menu, choose RUN and type DXDIAG so it opens the DirectX Diagnostics program... uncheck DIRECT 3D ACCELERATION and then close the program, open it again and recheck it, this has fixed quite a few D3D based errors.

and what do you know it now works! is that weird stuff or what?

this game gets my:

LMAO!! That’s like that stupid BIOS plug and play trick! Well at least it works eh? I wonder how that could possibly have done anything, the world may never know. ;)

verdufreak said:
LMAO!! That’s like that stupid BIOS plug and play trick! Well at least it works eh? I wonder how that could possibly have done anything, the world may never know. ;)

What is this BIOS plug and play trick you speak of??

Back