• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My PC spec

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

etnies

Registered
i have a Pentium 3 700
DirectX 8
Jetway motherboard (havent installed the drivers..)

well, when i tried to install my motherboard drivers.. it asked my to restart my system. when i did i noticed my E: drive CD ROM drive wasnt in my My COmputer. can someone tell me why, and how to get it back
i think that me not installing my Mobo drivers game me the low fps because of the GFX card running in PCI mode, someone told me.. well i donnu, please help

tHE DRIVERS ARE EATHER WRONG OR INSTLLED ON TOP OF OLDER DRIVERS,,,just my opinion

I had a disappearing CD ROM problem on my old socket7 K6II system. Obviously with the significant differences my fix is unlikely to be good for you but just incase... My problem was the devices on the pci bus wouldn't run without motherboard drivers and with those devices plugged in the CD would disappear (why I don't know the CD ran off the standard ide cable and the hard drive was still there) so I couldn't install the drivers from the CD. I removed the pci cards, installed the motherboard drivers from the CD and then reinstalled the pci cards. Problem solved.

Hope it helps.

sometimes windows likes assigning irq's that are already taken, boot up in safe mode and ill bet the cdrom drivers are listed in your devicemanager. try deleting them in safe mode then restart and let it reinstall em it might work

Back