• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon LE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hydrata

i'm considering buying one of those Radeon LE toned down bad boys, and i just wanted to hear about experiences with them first. especially about overclocking results? is the 183mhz speed usually attainable or just in rare occasions? how is the driver support? and is it hard to unlock all those options to make it function like a normal Radeon? let me hear those success stories please....thanks.

I just bought mine today from the Classifieds for 90 bucks (canadian)
and boy o boy it was the best buy I've purchased in a really long time. I took it out of the bag, put it in my system, installed the drivers, and did the registry hack and overclocked it to 183 in a total of 10 minutes. Badda bing I had a Radeon 32mb DDR. No problems whatso ever and the performance and quality jump from my Geforce2mx is amazing.

Do your self a favor and pick it up.

Ive not yet heard of a LE that would not reach 183mhz. Should be able to do 190. However Id add some cheap active cooling to it.
AKDUDE

AKDUDE (Jul 26, 2001 06:26 p.m.):
Ive not yet heard of a LE that would not reach 183mhz. Should be able to do 190. However Id add some cheap active cooling to it.
AKDUDE

I 2nd that AK, i got mine to 191 for about 8$ worth of parts at the hardware store.

Back