• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

agp driving strength

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tommcd64

Can anyone tell me what the agp driving strength and agp offset delay in bios means? I have both set to auto. There are numbers for the driving strength (1-8) and low, medium, and high for the offset delay. Is the driving strength the same as agp speed (1x vs 2x vs 4x).

IWill XP333 Rev 2
Athlon XP 1600+
1024MB DDR RAM
GeForce4 Ti 4200

AGP Driving Strength referes to how strong a signal you are sending through the AGP Bus. It doesn't send the signal any faster though, so you won't get a performance boost, just a clean/stronger signal. Most people ONLY increase it if they seem to have video instablitly while OCing. There is a possibility of damaging your card by raising it too high. My recommendation is to leave it at auto. I currently run my 1800XP at a 151FSB with an ATI video card. No problems.

D***! slipknot how are you getting your FSB up to 151! I have an XP333 with an AthlonXP 1600+ AGOGA (green) and I can only clock up to 142FSB with my Samsung 2700 DDR333 (I uped the voltage on the proc and RAM and am still stuck). Could it be my RAM or what? Someone help!

I'm using Generic 2100 DDR memory too. Manufactured by ALL COMPONENTS. I don't know how I do it, but it happens. If you want a picture, just let me know. At the moment, I only have my CPU at 142 FSB, I don't like stress the system for reading E-MAIL. It nomally goes up that high when I'm benching. I've had my system post at 156, but no boot. The ram is absolulty holding me back.

If you really want to see some high FSB speeds, head over to AMDMB.com. In ther forums, guys get there system FSB up to 180+ easy. The CPU is unlocked of course to go that high.

same problem as sniper! @#$%^&*() :mad:

...eccept i CANT EVEN GET A LOUSY 139!
wtf!?!? locked 1800 agoga with generic pc2100

I have no problems at 151fsb. If I get a chance, I will tell you all of my bios settings. BTW, I have my onboard RAID disabled. I only have one drive in the computer so it is useless to have it installed. I have enabled it in teh past and was still able to hit 150+ FSB speeds. HAve you guys tried stripping all PCI cards out the system, and just runnind it with the motherboard, cpu, one stick of ram, video card, cdrom and hard drive?

hmm... at one point i thought it was my power supply, so i took out everything (hard drive, cdrom, some ram, all PCI's and swapped graphix cards). it still woulnt post when i put my watercooling system on 3 radiators with huge billion-rpm fans 23 full load temps... maybe i got a bad processor :(

Back