• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Question about dolby 5.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
M

Me

I have a live 5.1 card and currently i just run a regular sound setupup with 2 speakers hooked up to a sony amp and receiver. If i were to buy a dolby 5.1 amp and receiver how much of a difference will i have + adding two more speakers (4 total). Will i be able to use digital output? Is this way better?

If you have your speakers set up properly and plop in a good dvd you'll definitely notice a huge difference.

Of course, you'd probably do better just buying a standalone dvd player with hardware dd 5.1 and dts built in. Then you can output the signal to a 5.1 "ready" receiver.

Me (Jul 27, 2001 05:51 a.m.):
I have a live 5.1 card and currently i just run a regular sound setupup with 2 speakers hooked up to a sony amp and receiver. If i were to buy a dolby 5.1 amp and receiver how much of a difference will i have + adding two more speakers (4 total). Will i be able to use digital output? Is this way better?

Me (Jul 27, 2001 05:51 a.m.):

You'd have surround sound, that's for sure... weren't we here recently? hmmm.... :)

Back