• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is my Geforce 2 MX400 sucking so bad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paiynn

I got 1300 and change from 3DMark2001 at 1024x768x16bit.
I have the latest Nvidia drivers and VIA drivers for my board. I ran the geforce tweaker and clicked the "fast" setting since I dont know what all that crap does. Someone mentioned Vsync being enabled and its not. I'm set for 4x in BIOS, I even have it running a bit OC at 175/175. The card is some generic Apollo. Other systems like mine had numbers in the 3000's. Any thoughts?

Hmm.. I have the Asus V7100/T Geforce2MX card, and with a Duron 800 @ 1073, I get about 2750 scores. That of course is extremely high, maybe even the highest score for a Geforce2MX on similar setups. Get latest drivers, disable V-sync. I have fastwrites disabled in BIOS, 4x AGP, overclock it a little, make sure you aren't sharing too many things on the IRQ for the card, etc.

I know fast writes are enabled in my bios, I'll go turn that off and see how she does.

1409 which is close to what I was before. I dont really play games so it isnt much of an issue. Glad I went and looked though cuz I still had my voltage up from when I was messing around the other day :)

Paiynn (Jul 27, 2001 07:18 p.m.):
I have the latest Nvidia drivers and VIA drivers for my board. I ran the geforce tweaker and clicked the "fast" setting since I dont know what all that crap does. Someone mentioned Vsync being enabled and its not. I'm set for 4x in BIOS, I even have it running a bit OC at 175/175. The card is some generic Apollo. Other systems like mine had numbers in the 3000's. Any thoughts?

You should be getting alot more than that, if it doesn't get better, I would RMA it. We are comparable in speeds and pretty much everything else, and look at mine running at 800x600 32bit

For the money you spent on that mx card a voodoo 5500 would ofdefitnetly satisfy your FPS in games for 100 bucks .

Paiynn (Jul 27, 2001 07:18 p.m.):

Win2k will also give some decreasing in 3dmark2001 scores.

I have an MX 400 and the defsult core speed is 200. Did you reduce the core speed? That card should run 210/200 easily. Try that and see what happens..........

The Geforce tweeker program showed 143/143, I assumed thats what the default of the card is? I didnt really get into anything technical with the card, got it for free so I stuck it in there and went with it.

Back