Final pickings of homemade watercooling system

I pretty much understand the workings of the watercooling system. And now it's time for me to start choosing the specific components of watercooling and where to get them (links to sites). I'm going to have this as a "home-made" watercooling system and choose separate parts and put them together (not kits).

I guess the first thing to know which to get would be the waterblock. Socket A (processor in sig). Which is the best one to go for? Safe, reliable, and effective. What do you suggest and where could I get it?

Thanks!

Garfield

For your waterblock, I suggest either the DangerDen maze3, from www.dangerden.com , of the Swiftech UH block from www.swifnets.com

The maze3 is available at DD and any of its distributors, same for the Swiftech block

For your radiator, I definatly suggest a HeaterCore from a car. You can try AutoZone and try to get a 89' Chevy Camaro radiator.

For your pump, eheim is probably most trustable. You can find distributors here . You should be able to find any mag drive in any aquarium store. There are others which are equally as good and less expensive such as Via Aqua 1300, Danner ect.

Tubing, I suggest to go with tygon as it is very flexable and non-reactive to water over long persiods of time. I would suggest to go with 1/2" fittings as that will allow most water to pass through.

Rest assured that you can ask ANY question you want here because we have MANY experience people here, not including me however :-( (yet )

You can try to find different parts here, here, or here

There are severl stores round in the USA, you just gotta search for em. Hope this helps.

10 Year Badge
    Folding Profile
    I would go with the spir@l block from D-tek. I had a maze3 and it performed right on par with my spir@l, but I prefer the looks of the spir@l over the maze3, and also the hardware with the spir@l is much nicer.
    Computer: I7 3820 42x100 @ 1.216v||Asus Rampage IV Extreme||GTX 780 Ti Reference||GSkill Ripjaws Z 2133 16gb||OCZ Agility 60gb SSD||Seagate Barracuda 1tb HDD||Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 850w PSU||Mountain Mods Pinnacle 24||1 Asus VS238H-P and 3 Dell S2740L
    Water cooling: XSPC Raystorm||2x XSPC RX360||Swiftech MCB655 with Bitspower mod top and mod kit||Phobya Balancer 250||EK FC780 copper/acrylic WB||Bitspower Fittings
    My Copper Pipe Build

My Heatware
    Folding User Stats

Originally posted by FRAGN'STIEN
    I would go with the spir@l block from D-tek. I had a maze3 and it performed right on par with my spir@l, but I prefer the looks of the spir@l over the maze3, and also the hardware with the spir@l is much nicer.
    Where's this "D-tek" (link) you speak of?

I'm over at DD looking at the Maze3 waterblock, and to buy it it has all of these options! Like, what fitting type would I want? Would I want the "AMD Processor Lucite Top"? Do I need extra holes? Which top would I want? What exactly are "O-rings"? Would I need extra mounting?

Most popular waterblocks at the moment are :

Swiftech MCW462-U
    DangerDen Maze3
    Gemini Spiral
    TC-4 Rev2 (not alot of reviews on this one, just seems to be a popular pick lately)

Stay with one of those 4 and yo'll be fine

http://dtekcustoms.safeshopper.com/18/cat18.htm?782
    http://www.cooltechnica.com/
    *Two wrongs don't make a right, but 3 left turns do
    *When you don't know what you are doing, do it neatly.

HEATWARE
    http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=14214

Yeah, I'm thinking the maze3 is what I'm going to go for. But what about all of those options?

And, the maze3-1, what is the difference? Does that one just come with a peltier (I don't think I'm going to start out with a peltier)?

Hard Ass Southern Boy Senior Wicked Klown's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    The Maze 3-1 is just a normal Maze 3 with a special cold plate bloted to it. That way later on if you want to run with a pelt you can. If you get the Maze 3-1 don't run it with the cold plate unless you have a pelt with it.
    Media Server | Norco RPC-470 | GIGABYTE GA-890XA-UD3 | Phenom II X4 925 Deneb | 8gigs G.SKILL Ripjaws PC3 10666 | 64gig Crucial M4 | x2 2TB Samsung F3 | x2 1TB Samsung F1 | x1 2TB Samsung F4 | 500gigs Seagate 7200.10 | Sapphire HD4830 HDMI | Corsair 650hx

HEAT

"Never surrender. You're too much of a hardass to die on everyone." - Voodoo Rufus

Okay, I'm not going to go with a peltier, I don't think.

About the pumps at DD, which one should I get (I'm looking at the eheims)? What are the actual differences between them?

I'm still looking at these eheims, and not sure the differences. Are the just how hard the water is pumped and how much water can be held in them? Are those the differences? Which one is the best to go with for watercooling?

the different models are the different flowrate capacities of the pumps. if you have larger channel equip with mostly 1/2" stuff, i'd go with the 1250 eheim, otherwise, if you have small channel stuff, go with the 1046

Originally posted by SkiFletch
    the different models are the different flowrate capacities of the pumps. if you have larger channel equip with mostly 1/2" stuff, i'd go with the 1250 eheim, otherwise, if you have small channel stuff, go with the 1046
    When you say "channel", do you mean the width of the tubes and the distance that the water has to travel to get back to the pump?