• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Weekly Stats Today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
My AC is broken, and it's so hot upstairs in my office that my computers won't even run without crashing. The new compressor is supposed to be installed on Tuesday or Wed, so until then they'll have to wait.

Hmmm, that sucks. My friend takiwa lives in Georgia and he told me it is crazy hot there, and no now AC! Think of the rigs! How about the watercooled rigs?

It's not that bad - we have a split system for upstairs and down. My "office" is upstairs and that's where I keep my main desktop rigs for work and stats updates. Unfortunately it's the upstairs unit that died. It's about 105F up their right now. My water cooled P4 rig is running fine, but my dual AMD rigs which are air cooled won't even operate at default speed. I had to move my Seti Queue server to the basement with the rest of my seti rigs.

Wow- You have had a busy weekend. Do you have a backyard pool? Or do the neighbors kids let you use their kiddie pool.:D

Harvey

sorry to hear that TC. it hard to live w/out AC in summer, especially for us, SETI'er!!!! i see how u feel 'cos sometimes/somehow the AC isn't on, i've seen 40-43C mobo temp and at or close to 60C cpu temp!!!

really can't wait for fall and winter comes.....

p.s. no problem for the weekly stats! just take a break & wait for next week!! ;)

Back