• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WinXP SP1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Coolest

Hey guys, anyone have linkage to it? I woke up at 4am today, know nothing, see nothing, can find nothing... Please help. I got ADSL today, and want to use the new discovered bandwidth/

I thought that I heared someone mention that it was out, I'm not sure if it is. But you can download SPs from the internet in a selfextract file, that is what I did with SP2 for Win2k

I hear that there are some messed up things in the beta service pack, If I were you, I would wait until the official release comes out. Knowing microsoft, it will still be buggy.

Hmm, so you can download them?

Interesting.

Do you have to install them in order, like SP2, then SP3, etc. or can I just slap SP4 on Win2kPro and go?

there's no Win2k SP3 yet, AFAIK, but you don't need to install them in order just install the latest one u got, it contains all the older improvements that were in SP1

This is a Win XP service pack ThePerfectCore, so not for Win 2K

I *know* that, you doofus. :p

I did a little searching and turned up two service packs - yay. Now I justhave to go find the moron who told me there were four available for NT 5.0... maybe it was NT 4.0?

heres a little note on what maximum pc has to say on win xp sp1

usb 2.0 will not require extra drivers

will finally allow you to remove "unremovable" programs

"windows mesanger"
"windows media player"
"outlook express"

belive it or not xp will be the first OS since win 95 to run a official unhacked version of windows sane Internet Explorer

oh and if you have a pirated version of SP1 i would reccomend you DO download this. becuase you are a lose to us all.

Back