• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fic az11 SUCKS! help me out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
well i had the fic az11 a long time ago, till i upgraded, and i had mad problems... its like the board is causing instability, because i used it, it locked up a LOT and all, then i got a soyo dragon, same cpu tbird 800 and it worked fine...
i stuck that board and the tbird 800 in my moms puter and got a new cpu, and she is having the same problems, is there anything i can do?

its being cooled by a coolermaster thats rated for 1.3ghz, it kept it nice like 47c on my computer when i had it in the dragon

and the board doesnt have a way to tell the temps... its pretty stupid

so what can i do? just get a new board in it or what?

FIC has always SUCKED, The first, and last, time I got a FIC mobo was when I got my Athlon clasic 500 a long time ago, the only reason I got it then was because it was like the only mobo I could even get for the first Athlons. Get rid of your FIC mainboard and all uour problems should go away.

looks like im gonna have some fun with explosives;)

thanx for the advice...

You've probably allready done this, but if you haven't, I'd see if there is an updated BIOS for it. If that made it stable, it'd save some time and money. If not, go to Newegg, and get the M-80's ready!

i have updated the bios once, but that was a while ago, i should check for another, and what im going to do with the board is cut out the socket area and salvage parts from it, im going to cut out the socket area to mess around with my waterblocks for testing and all to see that everything fits and all, maby do some random expyraments on it... hehehe

With as cheap as Newegg refurbs are, might as well have some fun with the AZ11.... a shotgun comes to mind... :)

My roommate had a AZ11E crap out on him too, first the onboard sound went, then the IDE controllers.... no overclocking had ever been done either, it was scary.

it takes serious modding to overclock with one of these boards... its a pain in the butt, now i just need to get ahold of another socket a board preferable kt133 so i dont hafta reinstall....

You shouldn't have to reinstall anything except the chipset drivers, If your gona get a cheap mobo, atleast get a kt133a so you can get 133FSB kt133 sucks, I would know, I'm on one!

Back