• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI KT#-ULTRA-ARU = JUNK with GF4-4600, prove otherwise?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oRIDDLERo

Well fellows I have come to a conclusion… When you have a GF4 4600 TI, and you would like to overclock… MSI sucks a large one. Current Setup Is as Follows thoroughbred 2200 unlocked AIDA 22, Corsair PC-3000 CAS2, PNY Verto GF4 4600, And a heat sink that keeps my CPU at approx 40C under full load folding…

Here is the problem, dividers, dividers, dividers. With the chip set at 166 x 11.5 (1909MHZ) one would think the mobo would recognize that I would like to kick in a 1/5 divider to get my poor AGP bus back down into spec, but behold when I go into sisoft main board info It clearly shows the AGP bus is set at 4X 84MHZ, and the PCI Bus At 42MHZ! WTF MSI? (See attached) I can fold for days at this speed but load up a game and it official BSOD time. The max voltage is 1.75v which also blows My only other option I can see is to increase my multiplier to 12 which would put me at 1992mhz (1992mhz BSOD’s when XP loads the drivers With MSI voltages set to max) To change the FSB means dropping down to 140mhz or so because of the inability to set the divider!!! Abit KX7-333R is in the mail; at least it has some options?!? Don’t even want to bother to VMOD this JUNK… Any thoughts on this subject are welcome. LAME.

did u say that your Vcore only goes up to 1.75v? mine goes up to 1.85v. also ive been told that Sandra doesnt report the dividers right cuz of it not supporting the DDR333 or KT333 chipset, sandra is working on this.....an updated version is on the way.

also keep in mind....you have to set up the memory speed properly....in your case HCLK +66 then match it with the FSB. maybe u got a bad board? i run my FSB @ 170MHz and i dont have any problems. oh yeah...and if "spread spectrum" is enabled...( it is by default ) then u have to disable it if over clocking. it makes the system un-stable.

ps. if u must get another mobo get the Epox 8K3A+ ....it IS better than the Abit. it beats it in every review for over clocking ive read.

Double Checked, yes max CPU V is 1.75... Perhaps you do not have the -ARU (RAID and Audio) well my system can get to 185FSB X 10.5 *1942mhz and fold fold fold, but i stil cant play any f@#$%^ Games!

no i dont have the ARU version. i have no use for onboard raid or sound. the only thing that board has that i wanted was USB2.0 but even that i dont need. as for voltages....something is wrong. that mobo supports up to 1.85V. that is a fact. if yours does not then its messed up. try clearing the BIOS. the first time i bought this mobo i had lots of problems with the BIOS. i returned it and picked up another of the same, and everything works perfectly now. trust me...something is wrong, that voltage goes to 1.85v.

I believe that max voltage is correct. I have seen it before. The proc is a T'bred and the default is 1.65V. When the T'bred is detected it sets the max vcore to 1.75V.

Back